Final Stats |
Jordan Tolbert's streak of consecutive 20-point games came to an end against Southeastern Louisiana.
Dec. 30, 2011
- Today’s attendance was 8,079. For the season, the Red Raiders are averaging 9,175 fans at the United Spirit Arena. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 8,513 fans a game.
- Today’s starters are Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Terran Petteway, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. This was the first time this season, that this lineup was used. It was the sixth different starting lineup this season. It was Petteway’s first career start. DeShon Minnis started in for Petteway in the second half.
- Texas Tech has started 6-0 at home for the first time since the start of the 2009-10 season.
- DeShon Minnis, who started last game against CSU-Bakersfield, earned sixth man status against Southeastern Louisiana as the first off the bench. Minnis finished with five points, three rebounds, two steals and one assist.
- Robert Lewandowski recorded his first career 3-pointer in just his third career attempt. The 6-10 Lewandowski has played in 107 career games. It was 61 games between his first 3-point attempt against UTEP on Jan. 3, 2010 and his first career make against Southeastern Louisiana.
- The streak ended … for the first time this year, the Red Raiders put together back-to-back games of 40 percent or better shooting from the 3-point line. Tech shot 50 percent against CSU-Bakersfield and hit for 40 percent against Southeastern Louisiana. Previosly, the Red Raiders would hit from better than 40 percent or less than 25 percent.
- For the ninth time in 12 games, Texas Tech has had at lead 10 players enter the game.
- Texas Tech held Southeastern Louisiana to under 29 percent from the field. It is the lowest opponent field goal percentage since Stephen F. Austin was held to 26.4 percent on Jan. 1, 2009 at the United Spirit Arena.
- Texas Tech has outshot its opponent for the 11th time in 12 games.
- Jaye Crockett recorded his fourth game of the year with at least seven rebounds. He also scored in double figures for the third time this season. Crockett finished with 10 points and nine rebounds.
- Javarez Willis led the team in scoring for the second time this season. He finished with 15 points. It was Willis’ sixth double-digit scoring effort of the season. He is averaging 8.6 points per game for the season.
- Ty Nurse was back in form Friday night, as the junior recorded his fifth double-digit scoring mark of the season. He also had a season-high five boards in 35 minutes.
- Jordan Tolbert’s consecutive 20-point game streak came to a close against Southeastern Louisiana, as the freshman finished with just 11 points, all recorded in the first half.