Dec. 9, 1997
Cory Carr continues to pile on the points with 20 against SW Missouri State. (File Photo)
Texas Tech vs. SW Missouri State Postgame Notes
- The Red Raiders return home to host Prairie View A&M on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. CT.
- Texas Tech trailed at the half for the fourth time in six games, behind tonight 39-34.
- Tech improved to 3-3 after an 0-3 start.
- Stan Bonewitz, with a season-high five threes, tied his career high of 20 points... Bonewitz had a season-high seven assists.
- Cory Carr scored 20 points for the fifth time in the six games... he has scored 20 or more 14 of the last 16 games... he has made a three in the last 48 games and in 64 of the last 65... Carr surpassed Dub Malaise for 11th on the all-time scoring chart and tied Jeff Taylor for 10th with 1,424 career points.
- Cliff Owens tallied his second double-digit rebounding game with a career-high 12 rebounds... he tallied his second double-double of this season and his career.
- Freshman Johnny Phillips scored a career-high nine points.
- Tech shot 50 percent or better for the third consecutive game... the Raiders had a season-high nine threes... Tech also shot a season-high 64.3 percent from three-point range, which included 6-for-7 in the second half (85.7).