Ty Nurse missed his first free throw in 27 tries on Tuesday.
Feb. 7, 2012
- The starting lineup for today’s game are Ty Nurse, Terran Petteway, Javarez Willis, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. The second half starting lineup featured Luke Adams, Ty Nurse, Jaron Nash, Jaye Crockett and Robert Lewandowski.
- This is the 27th meeting between Kansas State and Texas Tech. The Wildcats lead the all-time series, 17-10. Kansas State leads the series in Manhattan, 11-2. The last time Texas Tech won in Manhattan was on Jan. 8, 2007, when the Red Raiders topped the Wildcats, 62-52.
- Texas Tech had 18 rebounds against Kansas State in Manhattan last season. The Red Raiders had 22 by halftime against the Wildcats in Manhattan this year. Tech finished with 34 rebounds.
- Luke Adams extended the Red Raiders’ streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 38 straight. Adams was 3-of-6 from beyond the arc. Terran Petteway added 3-pointer as well, as the Red Raiders finished 4-for-13 on the night.
- Texas Tech tied a season low with just 17 points in a half. The Red Raiders also scored just 17 points in a half against Kansas on Jan. 11. Texas Tech also finished the game with 46 points in both outings, which is the 10th lowest offensive output in the shot clock era.
- Luke Adams led the team in scoring for the first time in his career. He finished the night with 15 points on the night, tying his career high.
- Ty Nurse's streak of 27 consecutive free throws came to end in Manhattan. Nurse went 2-for-3 from the line.
- For the first time this season, the Red Raiders failed to shot 30 percent from the field. Texas Tech shot 28.9 percent on 11-of-38 shooting. Kansas State shot 30 percent on 15-of-50 shooting.
- Texas Tech has now lost 11 straight games to start conference play for the first time since the 1989-90 season, which saw the Red Raiders go winless in Southwest Conference play (0-16).