Red Raiders Battle Mountaineers in West Virginia
Toddrick Gotcher was one of five players to be named Academic All-Big 12.
February 15, 2013
Texas Tech Quick Hits
• The Red Raiders will look to snap a five-game losing streak as it travels to West Virginia for the first time in school history.
• Texas Tech just completed a run against eight RPI Top 50 teams in 10 games – Baylor (45), Kansas (3), Oklahoma (21), OSU (38), Iowa State (37), Kansas State (24), Baylor (46) and OSU (28).
• This is just the third-ever meeting between West Virginia and Texas Tech, with the Mountaineers winning both meetings.
• Texas Tech is looking to win three Big 12 games for the first time since 2011.
• Texas Tech is averaging 69.0 possessions per game and 0.96 points per possession, while West Virginia is averaging 65.9 possessions and 1.01 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• Texas Tech is playing in the Eastern Time Zone for the first time since November, 2011. It is looking for its first win in the time zone since defeating Seton Hall, 87-86, in the National Invitation Tournament in Newark, N.J., on March 16, 2010.
• Texas Tech finished the non-conference portion of its schedule 7-4. It was the longest homestand in program history at 11 games. In all, Texas Tech will host a record 20 home games this season.
• What a difference a day makes. The Red Raiders are 8-4 during weekday games and 1-9 in games played on the weekend.
• Jaye Crockett is one of the nation’s top Sixth Men in the Power Six conferences in terms of scoring (11.9 points) and rebounding (6.9 rebounds). Crockett has led the team in scoring 11 times this season.
• Five Red Raiders have been named Academic All-Big 12 this season — juniors Dejan Kravic, Kader Tapsoba, sophomore Jordan Tolbert, redshirt freshman Toddrick Gotcher and senior Ty Nurse (second team).
Official Gear of the