Texas Tech Looks To Snap Iowa State's 21-Game Home Win Streak
February 22, 2013
Texas Tech Quick Hits
• The Red Raiders will look to snap a seven-game losing streak as it travels to Ames, Iowa to face Iowa State.
• Iowa State becomes the 10th RPI Top 50 team the Red Raiders have faced in the last 12 games – Baylor (45), Kansas (3), Oklahoma (21), OSU (38), Iowa State (37), Kansas State (24), Baylor (46), OSU (28), Oklahoma (17) and Iowa State (44).
• This is the 23rd all-time meeting between the Red Raiders and the Cyclones. The series is tied, 11-11, with Iowa State holding a 6-3 advantage in Ames. Texas Tech has won 10 of the last 14 meetings.
• Texas Tech is looking to win three Big 12 games for the first time since 2011.
• Texas Tech is averaging 69.0 possessions per game and 0.96 points per possession, while Iowa State is averaging 71.0 possessions and 1.12 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• What a difference a day makes. The Red Raiders are 8-5 during weekday games and 1-10 in games played on the weekend.
• It is the first time the Red Raiders have put together three straight 60-point scoring efforts in Big 12 play since Feb. 23, 2011 (Colorado L, 68-71), Feb. 26, 2011 (at Oklahoma State L, 68-70) and March 3, 2011 (Oklahoma W, 84-58). It is a string of 31 league consecutive games without three straight 60-point games.
• Texas Tech finished the non-conference portion of its schedule 7-4. It was the longest homestand in program history at 11 games. In all, Texas Tech will host a record 20 home games this season.
• Texas Tech’s Jaye Crockett (12.3 ppg / 7.0 rpg) and Iowa State’s Tyrus McGee (13.2 ppg / 3.5 rpg) are two of the nation’s top Sixth Men.
• Josh Gray set school record for freshman points in a Big 12 game with 26 against Oklahoma on Wednesday. He is also averaging 5.2 assists over the last six games.
• Five Red Raiders have been named Academic All-Big 12 this season — juniors Dejan Kravic, Kader Tapsoba, sophomore Jordan Tolbert, redshirt freshman Toddrick Gotcher and senior Ty Nurse (second team).
Official Gear of the