Texas Tech Looks For First Sweep Since 2010 As Its Hosts TCU
March 1, 2013
Texas Tech Quick Hits
• The Red Raiders will look to snap an nine-game losing streak as it hosts TCU at the United Spirit Arena.
• Texas Tech is in the midst of the fourth longest losing streak in program history at nine games. The longest losing streak was 18 games that took place during the 1989-90 season, followed by 2011-12 (11 games) and 1966-67 (10 games).
• Tech played 11 RPI Top 50 teams in its last 13 games - Baylor (45), Kansas (3), Oklahoma (21), OSU (38), Iowa State (37), Kansas State (24), Baylor (46), OSU (28), Oklahoma (17), Iowa State (44) and Kansas State (19).
• This is the 121st all-time meeting between the Red Raiders and Horned Frogs. Texas Tech leads the series, 73-47, including 40-14 in Lubbock.
• Texas Tech is looking to win three Big 12 games for the first time since 2011.
• Texas Tech is averaging 68.8 possessions per game and 0.96 points per possession, while TCU is averaging 61.4 possessions and 0.87 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• What a difference a day makes. The Red Raiders are 8-6 during weekday games and 1-11 in games played on the weekend. Tech's lone win on a Saturday is against TCU.
• Texas Tech has went five straight games with less that 15 turnovers, which is less that the team's season average of 14.7. There have been 14 occasions this season that the Red Raiders have had 15 or more turnovers in a game.
• Texas Tech's Jaye Crockett (12.3 ppg / 7.0 rpg) ranks fourth in scoring and first in rebounding among Sixth Men in the Power Six conferences.
• Texas Tech's Jaye Crockett has the highest rebounding average in 11 years (7.0) and the most double-doubles since Cliff Owens, who also head eight during the 1997-98 season. The last Red Raider to average 7.0 rebounds was Andy Ellis in 2002.
• Texas Tech's Josh Gray is the first freshman in the Big 12 era to record back-to-back 20-point games in league play after notching 26 against Oklahoma and 20 at Iowa State. He is averaging 10.5 points and 4.5 assists and 2.3 steals over the last eight games.
• Five Red Raiders have been named Academic All-Big 12 this season -- juniors Dejan Kravic, Kader Tapsoba, sophomore Jordan Tolbert, redshirt freshman Toddrick Gotcher and senior Ty Nurse (second team).