Texas Tech Faces No. 7 Kansas In Quarterfinals
Jaye Crockett will lead the Red Raiders against No. 1 seed Kansas on Thursday.
Texas Tech Quick Hits
• Texas Tech is making its 17th appearance in the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. The Red Raiders are 13-16 all-time in the tournament, including 8-7 in the first round. The Red Raiders are 4-5 in quarterfinal games.
• Tech has improved from 8-23 overall, 1-17 in Big 12 play last season to 11-19 overall, 3-15 in Big 12 play this season.
• This is the 29th all-time meeting between the Red Raiders and Jayhawks. Kansas leads the all-time series, 24-4, including 2-0 in the Big 12 Championships.
• What a difference a day makes. The Red Raiders are 9-7 during weekday games and 2-12 in games played on the weekend.
• Jaye Crockett became the first Red Raider to earn Big 12 postseason recognition since 2010, when he was named All-Big 12 Honorable Mention on Sunday.
• Josh Gray’s steal average (2.0) is the second highest in program history and ranks second in the Big 12 this season.
• Josh Gray is the first freshman to lead the Red Raiders in assists since John Roberson (3.3) did it in 2008 and just the fourth freshman ever – Sean Gay (1985) and Lenny Holly (1993).
• Dejan Kravic’s 41 blocks this season is the most since D’Walyn Roberts had 44 deflections in 2010. Kravic ranks 10th in single-season blocks at Texas Tech.
• For the seventh consecutive year, Texas Tech will finish the season with a different scoring leader than the previous season. That is a first for the school. Jaye Crockett is also the first scoring leader in Tech history to not start at least half of the team’s games.
• Tech have five players score in double figures against WVU – Jaye Crockett (18), Ty Nurse (12), Jordan Tolbert (11), Josh Gray (10) and Dejan Kravic (10). It is the first time Texas Tech has had five players in double figures since Texas Tech had Nick Okorie (10), Darko Coharevic (10), D’Walyn Roberts (12), Brad Reese (14) and Mike Singletary (28) did it against Mississippi in 2010.
Official Gear of the