Red Raider Fans, the eyes of College Football will be on Lubbock, Texas as the Red Raiders and Horned Frogs will play at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 12. Make your plans now to fill Jones AT&T Stadium for the first Big 12 Conference game of the Kliff Kingsbury era!
Texas Tech vs. TCU: Key Points Of Emphasis
- Game time is 6:30 p.m. CT
- Individual game tickets go on sale to the public (including the TCU game) on Aug. 1.
- Classes on the Texas Tech campus will maintain their regular schedule on both Thursday (gameday) and Friday. The university's top priority is getting students/faculty to their classes and researchers to their labs while transitioning to host the football game later in the day.
- Traffic on campus will be extremely heavy through the afternoon and evening. Students, employees and fans should allow themselves plenty of to time to arrive at their destinations.
- All student lots will open on Thursday morning just as they would for any normal class day. Parking control will be in place to ensure only vehicles with student permits are admitted to the lots.
- At noon, no additional commuter north permits will be admitted to the C1 (stadium west), C2 (stadium east) and C4 lots. Students with commuter north permits who have afternoon and evening classes should utilize commuter west lots at 18th and Indiana for the entire day.
- All commuter north lots must be cleared for game day permits at 4 p.m.
- Commuter west lots will be reserved for any commuter north and commuter west permit holders until 5:30 p.m.
- Students with evening classes should plan to arrive in commuter west prior to 5:30 p.m. to ensure ample parking and ease of access.
- Donor parking lots will open at 4 p.m. on Thursday.
- United Spirit Arena RV's, tailgate and vehicle parking will be relocated to the Satellite Parking Lot (S1) lot at 10th and Texas Tech Parkway (John Walker Soccer Complex) for this game. Map
- Tailgate and other paid vehicle ($10 pre-purchase/$50 season pass) permit holders can park in S1 (John Walker Soccer Complex) starting at 4 p.m. on Thursday.
- RV's in the S1 lot may begin arriving at noon on Thursday. RV's must vacate the lot by noon on Sunday. Temporary USA RV Location
- Free public parking, to the extent it is available, will be in the west commuter lots beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Bus service to and from the stadium will be available in S1.
- All parking purchased on game day before 4 p.m. will need to be directed to the Athletic Ticket Office and then to Raider Park after 4p.m.
- Many employee lots utilized on football game days will be staffed Thursday morning. Only employees with a valid permit for the lot will be admitted.
- Employees remaining on duty after 2 p.m., must move their vehicles to R01, R05, R03 or Flint Avenue Garage by 3:30 p.m. Physical plant personnel should move to the north side of the compound or west end of the R18 lot near CHACP I. R07 (Administration) will be available after 5 p.m. as on normal game days.