• Weather conditions at kickoff: Sunny Skies; 80 degrees; Winds from the N at 1 mph. • Tonight's game was televised by Fox College Sports.
• Tonight's game marked the 11th meeting between Texas Tech and Iowa State.
• Tonight's game marked the 965th all-time game in Texas Tech history.
• Iowa State won the opening coin toss and elected to receive. Texas Tech is now 0-4 on the opening coin toss.
• Texas Tech wore white jerseys, black pants and black helmets tonight against Iowa State. The last time Tech wore this uniform combination was in last year's game at Texas.
• Senior safety Cody Davis made his team-leading 40th career start tonight against Iowa State. Offensive linemen LaAdrian Waddle and Deveric Gallington both made their 29th consecutive starts in tonight's game.
• Tre' Porter made his first start of the season tonight defensively (Nickel Back) for the Red Raiders while freshman Jakeem Grant made his first career start at the "Y" receiver.
• Tonight's attendance was 54,149.
• Tonight's game captains were seniors Cornelius Douglas and Alex Torres.
Starters - (Offense) - (LT) LaAdrian Waddle, (LG) Alfredo Morales, (C) Deveric Gallington, (RG) Le'Raven Clark (RT) Terry McDaniel, (QB) Seth Doege, (F) Kenny Wil- liams, (H) Alex Torres, (Z) Javon Bell , (X) Eric Ward, (Y) Jakeem Grant (Defense) - (LE) Dartwan Bush, (DT) Delvon Simmons (NT) Kerry Hyder, (RE) Jackson Richards, (WILL) Terrance Bullitt, (MIKE) Will Smith, (NICKEL) Tre' Porter, (LC) Cornelius Douglas, (RC) Eugene Neboh, (RS) Cody Davis, (LS) DJ Johnson
TECH'S WIN . . .
• Gives Texas Tech a 4-0 overall record.
• Gives Texas Tech an 8-3 all-time record against Iowa State.
• Snaps a two-game losing streak to Iowa State.
• Snaps a five-game Big 12 losing streak for the Red Raiders.
• Gives Texas Tech its first win at Iowa State since a 42-26 victory on Oct. 21, 2006.
• Gives Texas Tech an 11-6 record in Big 12 openers.
• Gives Texas Tech a 2-0 record when opening Big 12 play at Iowa State.
• Gives Texas Tech its 102nd all-time win on television.
• Gives Texas Tech just its fourth win all time on Sept. 29. Tech is now 4-10 over all on Sept. 29. • Gives Tommy Tuberville a 127-72 career record.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a 17-12 record as the head coach of the Red Raiders.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a 1-2 record against Iowa State.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a career Big 12 record of 6-12.
EYE ON DOEGE
• Finished the game 30-for-46 with 331 yards passing and three touchdowns.
• Recorded his third 300-yard passing performance of the season and the 12th of his career.
• Moved into eighth place on Tech's all-time career passing attempts list. He moved past Ron Reeves (1978-81). Doege now has 793 career passing attempts.
• Moved into sixth place on Tech's all-time career passing completions list. He moved past Zebbie Lethridge (1994-97). Doege now has 544 career completions. • Doege finished the game with three touchdown passes giving him 15 for the season and 45 for his career.
Eric Ward RECORDS SECOND CAREER 100-YARD RECEIVING PERFORMANCE
• Finished with nine catches for 122 yards marking his first 100-yard receiving performance of the season and the second of his career (151 yards vs. Baylor - 2011)
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS
• Junior defensive lineman Kerry Hyder ended Iowa State's second possession with his second sack of the season. He added his third sack of the year on the Cyclones' first possession of the second half. Hyder now has 6.5 career sacks.
The first points of the game were scored on an 86-yard interception return for a touchdown by Iowa State's AJ Klein. The last time an opposing player re-
turned an INT for a touchdown against Tech was Kansas State's Nigel Malone (24 yards) in 2011.
Senior CB Cornelius Douglas picked up his first career interception midway through the second quarter... later in the game Douglas picked up his second
career INT... He is the first Red Raider with two interceptions in a game since D.J. Johnson also had two last season in Tech's Big 12 opener at Kansas.
Freshman receiver Jakeem Grant (11 yard reception) scored his first career touchdown with 1:32 remaining in the first half to tie the game at 7-7.
Darrin Moore's fourth touchdown catch (4 yards) of the season helped give Texas Tech a 14-13 lead with 1:01 remaining in the third quarter.
Douglas' second interception on ISU quarterback Steele Jantz came in the fourth quarter while taking the INT to the Iowa State nine-yard line. The intercep-
tion set-up Tech's third touchdown of the game.
Eric Ward made his eighth catch of the game while scoring Tech's third touchdown to give the Red Raiders a 21-13 lead on the 19-yard score. It marked
Doege's third touchdown pass of the game and Ward's fourth touchdown of the season (15th career).
Hyder tallied his first career fumble recovery when scooping up a fumble by ISU quarterback Steele Jantz with under seven minutes left to play.
Ryan Bustin made a 39-yard field goal (6th of the season) in the fourth quarter with 2:20 left to play to give Tech a 24-13 advantage.
Texas Tech senior S Cody Davis collected his second interception of the season (3rd career) with 57 seconds left in the game.
• Texas Tech earned the first, first down of the game on its second possession when Eric Ward caught a 32-yard pass on a 3rd-and-16 situation with 10:02 remaining in the first quarter.
• Texas Tech was held scoreless in the first quarter for the first time this season and now for the second consecutive game at Iowa State.
• Texas Tech has now scored in 185 consecutive games, which is a school record... 174 games during the streak Tech has scored at least 10 points.
• The Texas Tech defense held Iowa State to just 63 total yards in the first half and that is the fewest allowed by the Red Raiders in the first half of a game this season. That total is fewest allowed in a half by Texas Tech since limiting Kansas State to just 55 yards in the first half of the 2009 game in Lubbock.
• Texas Tech forced three turnovers (1 fumble, 2 interceptions), marking its most forced turnovers this season and its most in a game since forcing four turn- overs last season in a victory at Kansas - also in Tech's Big 12 opener.