Oct. 26, 2013
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Texas Tech Notes
- Weather conditions at kickoff: Conditions: Cloudy; 59 Degrees; Winds: S at 5 mph; Humidity: 100 percent.
-Today's game was delayed 76 minutes due to inclement weather. Kickoff was 3:46 p.m.
- Today's game was televised nationally by FOX. It marked Tech's first appearance of the season on FOX and just the fifth in school history.
- Today's game marked the 21st all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Oklahoma. With today's loss, the Red Raiders trail 6-15 in the all-time series.
- Today's game marked the 982nd all-time game in Texas Tech history.
- Texas Tech won the coin toss and elected to receive. Texas Tech is now 4-4 this season on the opening coin toss.
- Tech wore white jerseys, gray pants and gray helmets in today's game. The gray helmet featured a Double T on one side and the player number on the other.
- Today's game captains were Kerry Hyder, Terrance Bullitt, Eric Ward and Kenny Williams.
- Junior Austin Stewart made his first career start this afternoon at strong safety.
- Today's attendance was 84,734... It marked the 91st consecutive sellout for the Sooners at Memorial Stadium.
Starters - (Offense) - (LT) Le'Raven Clark, (LG) Alfredo Morales, (C) Jared Kaster, (RG) Beau Carpenter (RT) Rashad Fortenberry, (QB) Davis Webb, (RB) DeAndre Washington, (RB) Kenny Williams, (IR) Jakeem Grant, (WR) Eric Ward, (WR) Bradley Marquez (Defense) - (DE) Brandon Jackson, (N) Kerry Hyder (T) Dennell Wesley, (BAN) Pete Robertson, (WILL) Will Smith, (MIKE) Sam Eguavoen, (RAIDER) Terrance Bullitt, (BC) Bruce Jones, (FC) Olaoluwa Falemi, (FS) Tre' Porter, (SS) Austin Stewart
- Snaps Texas Tech's eight-game win streak dating back to last season's bowl game win.
- Gives Texas Tech a 7-1 record for the season.
- Gives Texas Tech a 4-1 record in Big 12 play.
AMARO FINISHES WITH 8 RECEPTIONS, 119 RECEIVING YARDS
- Jace Amaro continued his impressive junior season with eight receptions for 119 receiving yards giving him at least eight catches in seven consecutive games. He is only the second player in school history (Michael Crabtree - 2007, 9 consecutive games) to accomplish that feat...
- Amaro now has four 100-yard receiving games this season and five for his career.
WARD RECORDS 9 CATCHES FOR 106 YARDS AND 2 TOUCHDOWNS
- Senior wide receiver Eric Ward finished with his best performance of the season with a team-leading nine catches for 106 yards and two touchdown receptions... Ward now has three 100-yard receiving games this season and 10 for his career... He also caught multiple touchdowns for the first time this season and for the eighth time during his four-year Tech career.
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS
- Senior wide receiver Eric Ward scored the first points of the game when he caught a 3-yard pass from running back Kenny Williams with 3:38 to go in the first quarter. That marks the first TD pass by a non-quarterback since Eric Stephens tossed a 3-yard TD pass to Darrin Moore last year against Kansas. The touchdown reception was the fourth of the season for Eric Ward.
- Junior wide receiver Bradley Marquez has now caught at least one pass in 25-of-26 career games.
- Ward caught Tech's second touchdown pass with 8:37 to go in the third quarter when he hauled in a 23-yard pass from Webb. For Ward, it marked his eighth career multiple touchdown game and his first since the Kansas State game last season.
- Junior Ryan Bustin kicked a 34-yard field with 3:59 to go in the third quarter to cut the Oklahoma lead to 21-17. The field goal was his 17th of the season and ties the school record that he set last season.
- Sophomore Jakeem Grant hauled in his fourth touchdown reception of the season with 3:08 to go in the fourth quarter and gave the Red Raiders a 24-21 lead. The TD reception covered 17 yards.
- Junior running back Kenny Williams scored his seventh rushing touchdown of the season (14th career) to bring the Red Raiders within five points, 30-35.
-Texas Tech came away with its first field goal block since the 2009 Valero Alamo Bowl game against Michigan State. Kerry Hyder blocked the 52-yard attempt by Michael Hunnicutt. Daniel Howard's block in the 2009 Alamo Bowl game was also on a 52-yard attempt.
- With the fumble recovery by Bruce Jones (forced by Tre' Porter) on Oklahoma's second offensive drive, Tech has now recovered a fumble in back-to-back weeks. Porter now has two forced fumbles on the season and that ties Kerry Hyder for the team high.
- Texas Tech's first quarter touchdown extended its school record consecutive game scoring streak to 202 games. The streak dates back to Oct. 25, 1997 and is the second longest active streak in the Big 12 Conference.
- Texas Tech recovered an on-side kick following Bustin's 34-yard field goal late in the third quarter. That marked Tech's first on-side kick recovery since the TCU game last season.