Nov. 12, 2011
• Weather conditions at kickoff: Mostly Cloudy; 67 degrees; Winds from the W at 18 mph; gusting to 27 mph.
• Today’s game was televised regionally (86% of the nation) on ABC. It marked Tech’s second appearance of the season on ABC and the ninth televised game of the year.
• Today’s game marked the 39th all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
• Tonight’s game marked the 959th all-time game in Texas Tech history. With today’s loss, Texas Tech falls to 524-403-32 all-time.
• Oklahoma State won the coin toss and elected to defer. Texas Tech is now 2-8 on the opening coin toss this season.
• Texas Tech wore commemorative uniforms today from Under Armour, celebrating the Red Raiders’ involvement with the Wounded Warrior Project.
• Today’s attendance was 57,205
• Today’s honorary game captains were Louis Flores, Anthony Villareal and Chad Fleming from the Wounded Warrior Project along with Medal of Honor recipient Sal Giunta.
• 22 Red Raiders played the final game of their Texas Tech careers today and took part in Senior Day festivities: Donnie Carona, Aaron Crawford, Brett Dewhurst, Lonnie Edwards, Jared Flannel, Tanner Foster, Jacoby Franks, Jonathan Guerra, Bradley Hicks, Adam James, Harrison Jeffers, Justin Keown, Donald Langley, David Neil, Mickey Okafor, Chris Perry, Scott Smith, Jesse Smitherman, Tyrone Sonier, Tramain Swindall, Sawyer Vest and Evan Walker.
Starters – (Offense) - (LT) LaAdrian Waddle, (LG) Lonnie Edwards, (C) Justin Keown, (RG) Deveric Gallington (RT) Terry McDaniel, (QB) Seth Doege, (F) Aaron Crawford, (H) Bradley Marquez, (Y) Adam James, (X) Eric Ward, (Z) Alex Torres (Defense) – (LE) Scott Smith, (DT) Kerry Hyder, (NT) Donald Langley, (RE) Dartwan Bush, (MIKE) Cqulin Hubert, (SAM) Daniel Cobb, (FC) Eugene Neboh, (BC) Derick Mays, (SS) Terrance Bullitt, (FS) DJ Johnson, (WS) Cody Davis
• Gives Texas Tech a 5-5 record on the season.
• Gives Texas Tech a 2-5 record in Big 12 Conference play.
• Gives Texas Tech a final home Big 12 record of 0-4 and marks the first time since 1984 that Texas Tech failed to win a conference game at home.
• Gives Texas Tech a 21-15-3 lead in the all-time series.
• Gives Texas Tech a three-game losing streak for the first time since the 1998 season.
• Gives Texas Tech a four-game losing streak at home for the first time since 1990.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a 123-70 career record.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a 13-10 record as the head coach of the Red Raiders.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville and 0-2 record against Oklahoma State.
• Gives Tommy Tuberville a 5-6 all-time record against teams in the Top 5.
• Gives Oklahoma State three-straight wins against the Red Raiders.
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS
• Junior receiver Alex Torres has caught at least one pass in 22 consecutive Big 12 Conference games.
• Texas Tech was held scoreless through four consecutive quarters at home between the second half of the Iowa State game and the first half of today’s game.
• Dating back to the Iowa State game two weeks ago, Texas Tech has been outscored 42-0 in the first quarter at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Red Raiders trailed 21-0 after the first quarter to Iowa State and 21-0 today to the Cowboys. In six home games this season, Texas Tech has been outscored 69-23 in the first quarter.
• Texas Tech’s 49-0 at halftime marked the largest deficit faced by a Red Raider squad since trailing USC 48-0 midway through the third quarter of the 1995 Mobil Cotton Bowl.
• Texas Tech has committed 10 turnovers in the last four games and all 10 of them have come in home games against Kansas State, Iowa State and Oklahoma State.
• Texas Tech scored its first defensive touchdown of the season on Oklahoma State’s first drive of the second half. Cornelius Douglas (a converted wide receiver) ran a fumble back 37 yards for a touchdown to cut the OSU lead to 49-6. The last Red Raider to return a fumble for a TD was LaRon Moore against Kansas in 2009 (31 yards).
• The 66 points scored against the Red Raiders is the most points ever scored by an opponent at Jones AT&T Stadium. The previous high was 59 by Tulsa in 1983.
• The 60 point loss marks the worst loss in school history.
Official Gear of the