Gameday Enhancements Announced for 2013 Football Season
Red Raider fans will enjoy an enhanced gameday experience this season at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Sept. 4, 2013
LUBBOCK, Texas - In order to create an exciting game day experience for its fans, Texas Tech Athletics is announcing major additions for the 2013 football season at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Texas Tech will kick off its six-game home schedule on Saturday when the Red Raiders face Stephen F. Austin at 6 p.m. The new fan experience begins outside the stadium at Raider Alley and moves into the stadium where fans will have more options that ever before.
The following items are new or enhanced for the 2013 season:
- Incorporation of GoVision LED 9ft x 12ft video board which will feature college football games across the nation.
- Kids Zone presented by Southwest Dairy Farmers which will include a coloring station and giveaways for the kids.
- The Masked Rider will be available for autographs and photos with fans.
- Appearances by the Texas Tech Spirit Squads, Raider Red and Twirlers along with the addition of a pep band.
VIDEO BOARD AND SOUND SYSTEM
Texas Tech unveils a new HD video screen (which will span 38 feet high and 100 feet wide), ribbon boards and sound system.
Guest Services stations will be located outside of Gates 1 and 3 to help fans have the most enjoyable experience at Texas Tech and will assist with directions, distribute stadium maps, and answer any questions that one may have on a football gameday at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Texas Tech Athletics has partnered with Tagboard, a Redmond, Wash., based company whose technology will give fans the opportunity to display their photos and messages on the video board by using the official hashtag #WreckEm via social media platforms.
- All permanent concession stand locations will be accepting credit cards in addition to cash.
- Island Noodles is a new Island concept Hawaiian dish that will be located on the northwest endzone.
- Texas Tech Students will be able to use their Raider Bucks cards at the Pizza Stand located in the SE endzone, and the Black Angus stand located on the East side
TICKET OFFICE LOCATION
The Athletics Ticket Office is relocated temporarily inside the West Stadium Building Lobby. Ticket windows will be open at each gate.
New/Upgraded 4G LTE Distributed Antenna System, which is Part of AT&T's Project VIP Investment Plan, provides additional wireless capacity for fans on game days.
To purchase your season tickets for the 2013 season, log on to texastech.com/tickets or call the athletics ticket office at (806) 742-TECH. Season tickets are available for as low as $149.
Official Gear of the