No. 45 Men's Tennis Falls to No. 19 Louisville, 4-2|
March 4, 2006
Lubbock, Texas - No. 45 Texas Tech men's tennis fell to No. 19 Louisville, at the final day of the HEB Invitational, in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Saturday. Tech moves to 7-3 on the season.
Tech lost the doubles point as Adrian Prpic and Christian Rojmar, at No. 1, fell to Jeremy Clark and Jakob Gustaffsson, 8-4, and at No. 3, Sinisa Markovic and Teddy DiBlasi were edged by Slavko Radman and Tony Teufel, 8-6. The No. 2 match went unfinished.
In singles play, at No. 1, Prpic was unsuccessful against Radman as he lost 0-6, 6-4, 6-3. At No. 2, Dimitrio Martinez defeated Damar Johnson, 7-5, 6-0. Rojmar fell at No. 3, 7-6, 6-3, to Gustafsson. Michael Breler led Clark at No. 4, 2-6, 7-5, 4-0 before the match was called. At No. 5, Markovic topped Jhonny Berrido, 6-4, 7-6. At No. 6, DiBlasi lost to Nicolas Houard, 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.
"It was another great match for us," said head coach Tim Siegel. "We had such a great weekend here and it was a heartbreaking loss. We had a number of chances to win and it was a tremendous college match. We battled really well with some tough teams."
Next up for Tech is the Blue-Grey Invitational, March 16-19, in Montgomery, Ala.
Louisville 4, Texas Tech 2
1. Clark/Gustafsson (UL) def. Prpic/Rojmar (TTU), 8-4
2. Breler/Martinez (TTU) vs. Berrido/Johnson (UL), unfinished
3. DiBlasi/Markovic (TTU) def. Radman/Tuefel (UL), 8-6
1. Slavko Radman (UL) def. Adrian Prpic (TTU), 0-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Dimitrio Martinez (TTU) def. Damar Johnson (UL), 7-5, 6-0
3. Jakob Gustafsson (UL) def. Christian Rojmar (TTU), 7-6, 6-3
4. Michael Breler (TTU) vs. Jeremy Clark (UL), unfinished
5. Sinisa Markovic (TTU) def. Jhonny Berrido (UL), 6-4, 7-6
6. Nicolas Houard (UL) def. Teddy DiBlasi (UL), 3-6, 6-2, 6-3