Texas Tech - Oklahoma State Postgame Notes|
Jan. 3, 2013
TEXAS TECH - OKLAHOMA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013
Gallagher-Iba Arena - Stillwater, Okla.
- Tonight's attendance was 2,249.
- There were nine changes during the game.
- There were six ties during the game.
- Oklahoma State's largest lead was 15 (18-3) at 12:23 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 9 (36-27) at 18:09 in the 2nd Half.
- Oklahoma State came in ranked No. 13 in the Associated Press poll.
- Oklahoma State came in ranked No. 12 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Texas Tech is now 11-2 on the season and 1-0 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 31-19 all-time vs Oklahoma State.
- Kristy Curry is now 299-140 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 120-89 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 8-7 all-time against Oklahoma State.
- Texas Tech beat a ranked, top 20 team for the first time since defeating No. 16/14 Penn State 70-66 last season in Lubbock (Dec. 3, 2011).
- It was also the first win on the road against a ranked opponent since beating then-No. 14 Oklahoma State, 65-57, on Feb. 13, 2010 - which was also the last win in Stillwater for Texas Tech.
- Texas Tech has won two consecutive Big 12 road games dating back to the 2011-12 regular season finale - a 64-63 win in Manhattan against Kansas State (March 3, 2012).
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Texas Tech trailed Oklahoma State 18-3 with 12:23 remaining in the first half of Wednesday night's game. The Lady Raiders then went on a 33-9 run over the next 14 minutes that expanded into the 18th minute of the second half, taking their largest lead at 36-27.
SMALLS CONTRIBUTES BIG
Senior point guard Monique Smalls scored 12 points in Wednesday night's win, marking her first game in double digits since scoring 14 against Lipscomb on Nov. 18. She was 5 of 6 from the free-throw line.
DOUBLE THE FUN
Junior forward Kelsi Baker scored 14 points and was in double digits for the ninth time in 10 games. Baker scored in double digits all of only seven times in the previous 65 games heading into this season.
Senior point guard Monique Smalls started her 113th consecutive game for Texas Tech on Sunday. Smalls owns the nation's longest consecutive starting streak among active players. She's trying to become only the second Lady Raider to start every game all four seasons. Erin Grant started 128 games from 2002-06.
TEXAS TECH HOLD'EM
Texas Tech held Oklahoma State to just eight field goals in the first half. It was the 13th time Texas Tech held an opponent to nine or less field goals in a half this season. OSU becomes the 12th of 13 opponents Tech has faced this season to be held to 59 points or less. OSU was held to their season-low in points, averaging 88.4 coming in.
COUNTDOWN TO 1,000
Senior guard Casey Morris scored nine points and had four rebounds and a steal in the win Wednesday. Morris now has 997 career points, needing only three to hit the 1,000-point mark.
Texas Tech hit 18 of 22 free throws (81.8%) in the win Wednesday night against Oklahoma State, including 7 of 8 in the second half. It was the second-best, free-throw shooting performance for the Lady Raiders this season. Tech hit 85% (17 of 20) in the win over Oregon State in Las Vegas on Dec. 21.