Texas Tech - Iowa State Postgame Notes
Jan. 5, 2013
TEXAS TECH – IOWA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, TX
- Tonight’s attendance was 5,050.
- There were nine lead changes during the game.
- There were six ties during the game.
- Iowa State’s largest lead was 9 (21-12) at 8:49 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 4 (39-35) at 17:08 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech is now 11-3 on the season and 1-1 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 10-11 all-time vs Iowa State.
- Texas Tech is 8-4 at home vs Iowa State.
- Kristy Curry is now 299-141 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 120-90 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 2-6 all-time against Iowa State.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
JOIN THE CLUB
Texas Tech senior Casey Morris’ 3-pointer at 16:03 in the first half gave her 1,002 career points. She ended the day with 13 points and becomes the first Lady Raider to score more than 1,000 points since Kierra Mallard eclipsed the mark in 2011.
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown led the Lady Raiders in points for the second consecutive game with 19 on Saturday after scoring 15 in Wednesday’s win at Oklahoma State. Brown posted back-to-back games in double figures for the first time since scoring 21 and 12 against Illinois and Northern Colorado on Dec. 5 and 16.
Texas Tech hit 11 of 13 free throws (84.6 percent) on Saturday night against Iowa State. It was the second-best free-throw shooting performance for the Lady Raiders this season. Tech hit 85 percent (17 of 20) in the win over Oregon State in Las Vegas on Dec. 21. The Lady Raiders are shooting 82.9 percent in Big 12 Conference play (29 of 35) through two conference games, which is second in the league.