Texas Tech - Iowa State Postgame Notes|
Jan. 9, 2014
TEXAS TECH - IOWA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
11/9 IOWA STATE 74, TEXAS TECH 48 - FINAL
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 8, 2014
HILTON COLISEUM - AMES, IOWA
- Today's attendance was 7,089.
- There were 2 lead changes during the game.
- There were 2 ties during the game.
- Iowa State's largest lead was 32 (73-41) at 3:03 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 2 (4-2) at 16:27 in the 1st half.
- Texas Tech's largest run was 7-2 from 20:00 to 16:44 in the 2nd half to make it 23-39.
- Iowa State's largest run was 18-0 from 7:54 to 1:12 in the 2nd half to make it 37-14.
- Texas Tech is 6-8 overall and 0-3 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Iowa State is 14-0 overall and 3-0 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 0-4 overall and 0-1 in Big 12 Conference play on the road this season.
- Iowa State leads the all-time series 13-10.
- Texas Tech is 1-9 in Ames vs. Iowa State.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-8 in her first season as Tech's head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
LIZARAZU IN DOUBLE DIGITS
Texas Tech freshman guard Marina Lizarazu scored in double digits for the third time this season with 10 points vs. Iowa State on Wednesday night.
CHARITY STRIPE SUCCESS
Texas Tech was 11 of 14 from the free-throw line (78.6 percent) on Wednesday. It marked the ninth game this season Tech has shot 70 percent or better from the charity stripe. The Lady Raiders are hitting 73.1 percent from the line this season (198 of 271) - fourth-best in the Big 12 Conference.
Minta Spears SCORES FIRST FIELD GOAL IN BIG 12 PLAY
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Minta Spears scored her first career field goal points in Big 12 Conference play on Wednesday night against Iowa State. Spears was 0-for-18 in her first two conference games before scoring eight points vs. the Cyclones. She was a perfect 4-for-4 from the charity stripe - the third time she's hit 100 percent of her free throws in a game this season.