Texas Tech - Kansas State Notes
Jan. 14, 2012
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS STATE NOTES
Kansas State 62, No. 10/14 Texas Tech 61, FINAL
Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Texas Tech came into the game ranked No. 10 in The Associated Press Poll and No. 14 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. That matches the highest ranking in seven years for the Lady Raiders.
- Today’s attendance was 6,313.
- There were 3 lead changes during the game.
- There were 5 ties during the game.
- Kansas State’s largest lead was 10 at 0:17 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 5 at 17:33 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 14-2 on the season, 2-2 in Big 12 play.
- Kansas State moves to 13-3 on the season, 4-0 in Big 12 play.
- Kristy Curry is now 102-75 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 281-126 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 3-5 against Kansas State.
- Texas Tech is 10-11 all-time against Kansas State.
- Texas Tech is now 810-375 (14th all-time NCAA Women’s Basketball in wins)
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
WIN STREAK ENDS
Texas Tech's loss to Kansas State on Saturday ends a 13-game winning streak at home. The Lady Raiders won their final four games of the 2010-11 season and the first nine games this season. Tech's last loss at home was on Feb. 5, 2011 to Texas A&M (79-65). It also snapped a five-game conference win streak at home.
Texas Tech senior forward Kierra Mallard led the Lady Raiders with 18 points, scoring in double figures for the 13th time this season.
CLOSE GAMES WITH K-STATE
Texas Tech and Kansas State have a knack for playing close games in the regular season. The Lady Raiders won in 68-66 in double overtime last season in Lubbock and won 75-67 in overtime in Manhattan on Feb. 24, 2010. This is the first regular season loss to Kansas State since 2009.