Texas Tech - Texas Postgame Notes|
Jan. 17, 2013
TEXAS TECH – TEXAS POSTGAME NOTES
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013
Frank Erwin Center – Austin, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 3,098.
- There were 4 lead changes during the game.
- There were no ties during the game.
- Texas’ largest lead was 1 (5-4) at 17:33 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 14 (23-9) at 12:12 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 13-4 on the season and 3-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 2-1 on the road in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 28-61 all-time vs Texas.
- Texas Tech is 7-29 all-time in Austin vs Texas.
- Texas Tech won its first game in Austin since Feb. 26, 2006.
- Kristy Curry is now 301-142 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 122-91 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 6-9 all-time against Texas.
- Kristy Curry won her first game vs Texas in Austin.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 117th consecutive game on Saturday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 117 consecutive starts is the longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored a season-high 20 points in Wednesday night’s win over Texas. It was only the fourth time Brown has ever scored 20 points or more. She scored in double figures for the fifth time in her last six games and is averaging 14 points per game in Big 12 Conference play. Brown has 854 career points at Tech.
ON THE BOARDS
Texas Tech outrebounded Texas 31-30 overall, including 14-8 in offensive boards Wednesday night. It was the first time Texas has been held to 30 or less rebounds since Feb. 18, 2012 at Kansas State (30).
Chynna Brown and Casey Morris each scored 20 points on Wednesday night in Austin. It’s the first time in two seasons Tech has had two players score 20 points or more in the same game. Morris is averaging 18.7 points per game in the last three meetings with Texas (15, 21, 20).
TEXAS TECH HOLD’EM
Texas Tech held its 15th opponent this season to 59 points or less with a 66-59 win on Wednesday night.