Texas Tech - Kansas Postgame Notes
Jan. 19, 2013
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (14-4, 4-2) 70
NO. 23/21 KANSAS (11-5, 2-3) 63
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013
United Spirit Arena – Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 6,513.
- There were 2 lead changes during the game.
- There was 1 tie during the game.
- Kansas’ largest lead was 1 (48-47) at 12:11 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 12 (37-25) at 3:35 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 14-4 on the season and 4-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is now 2-1 vs Top 25 teams this season.
- Texas Tech is 2-1 at home in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 15-5 all-time vs Kansas.
- Texas Tech is 9-2 all-time at home vs Kansas.
- Texas Tech snapped a two-game losing streak to Kansas.
- Kristy Curry is now 302-142 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 123-91 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 6-2 all-time against Kansas.
- Kristy Curry is now 4-1 vs Kansas in Lubbock.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 118th consecutive game on Saturday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 118 consecutive starts is the longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored a season-high 20 points in Saturday night’s win over Kansas. It was the second consecutive game in which she scored 20 points and only the fifth time Brown has ever scored 20 points or more. She scored in double figures for the sixth time in her last seven games and is averaging 15 points per game in Big 12 Conference play. Brown has 874 career points at Tech.
TEXAS TECH HOLD’EM
Texas Tech held Kansas’ leading scorers Carolyn Davis (15.3 points per game) and Angel Goodrich (13.9 points per game) to their lowest totals in Big 12 Conference play. Davis scored only 11 pts and Goodrich had just seven.
ADDING UP, STREAKING
Texas Tech scored 70 points for the first time in Big 12 Conference play this season. The Lady Raiders were coming off a previous high against Texas on Wednesday (66 points). Texas Tech won consecutive Big 12 Conference games for the first time since opening Big 12 play 2-0 last season against Missouri and Oklahoma State.