Texas Tech - West Virginia Postgame Notes
Jan. 23, 2013
TEXAS TECH - WEST VIRGINIA POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (15-4, 5-2) 77
WEST VIRGINIA (11-7, 3-4) 73
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013
WVU Coliseum - Morgantown, W. Va.
- Tonight's attendance was 1,045.
- There were 18 lead changes during the game.
- There were 12 ties during the game.
- West Virginia's largest lead was 11 (38-27) at 0:10 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 5 (76-71) at 0:17 in Overtime.
- Texas Tech is now 15-4 on the season and 5-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is now 1-1 in overtime games this season.
- Texas Tech is 3-1 on the road in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 1-0 all-time vs West Virginia.
- Kristy Curry is now 303-142 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 124-91 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-0 all-time against West Virginia.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Texas Tech is off to its best start in Big 12 Conference play in eight years. The Lady Raiders started the 2004-05 season 6-1 through seven conference games. Tech also matched its high for road Big 12 Conference wins (3) since head coach Kristy Curry arrived in 2006.
FROM THE LINE
Texas Tech senior forward Christine Hyde is shooting 81 percent overall from the free-throw line this season (73 of 90). She hit a career-high 9 of 10 free throws in Tuesday night's win and is now shooting 90 percent from the line in Big 12 Conference play - ranked fourth in the league for conference play.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 120th consecutive game on Saturday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 120 consecutive starts is the longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women's basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored 16 points in Tuesday night's win at West Virginia. Smalls has scored in double figures in seven of her last eight games and is averaging 15.1 points per game in Big 12 Conference play.
OFF THE GLASS
Texas Tech outrebounded West Virginia 39-38 on Tuesday night - the third time they've outrebounded a team in Big 12 Conference play this season. The Lady Raiders outrebounded WVU 26-14 in the second half after being outrebounded 24-13 in the first.
ADDING UP, STREAKING
Texas Tech scored 70 points or more for the second time in Big 12 Conference play this season. The Lady Raiders were coming off a previous high against Kansas on Saturday (70 points). Texas Tech won three consecutive Big 12 Conference games for the first time since opening Big 12 play 3-0 in 2010-11 (at Kansas, vs Missouri, vs K-State).
Official Gear of the