Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Postgame Notes
Jan. 25, 2014
TEXAS TECH – IOWA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
NO. 20/17 IOWA STATE 85, TEXAS TECH 76 - FINAL
SATURDAY, JAN. 25, 2014
UNITED SPIRIT ARENA – LUBBOCK, TEXAS
- Today’s attendance was 3,937.
- There were 7 lead changes during the game.
- There were 5 ties during the game.
- Iowa State’s largest lead was 9 (85-76) at 0:52 in overtime.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 12 (22-10) at 9:33 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest run was 15-4 from 10:11 to 3:58 in the 2nd Half to make it 66-59.
- Iowa State’s largest run was 12-2 from 9:33 to 6:15 in the 1st Half to make it 22-24.
- Texas Tech is 6-13 overall and 0-8 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Iowa State is 15-4 overall and 4-4 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Iowa State is No. 20 in The AP Poll and No. 17 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Texas Tech is 6-7 overall and 0-5 in Big 12 Conference play at home this season.
- Iowa State leads the all-time series 14-10
- Texas Tech is 0-5 vs. teams in the top 25 this season.
- Texas Tech is 9-5 vs. Iowa State in Lubbock.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-13 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
SPEARS BIG NIGHT
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Minta Spears scored 16 points vs. Iowa State on Saturday. It was her highest career total in Big 12 play. Spears was 6 of 8 from the field and 3 of 4 from behind the arc – both conference career highs.
COOKTAYLOR CAREER HIGH
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Ivonne CookTaylor scored a career-high 16 points vs. Iowa State on Saturday. Her previous high was 12 points vs. TCU on Jan. 4.
K-SCHNEIDER CAREER HIGH
Texas Tech sophomore post Kellyn Schneider tallied nine rebounds vs. Iowa State on Saturday. Her previous high was eight against New Mexico on Nov. 13.
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle scored 24 points vs. Iowa State on Saturday. It was her 17th game in double figures this season and 14th game with 15 points or more. She has scored 20 points or more eight times this season.
FIRST HALF LEAD
Texas Tech's 40-37 lead at the half is its first lead in Big 12 play this season and first since Dec. 21 vs. Florida Atlantic.
FIRST HALF SHOOTING
50% field goal percentage in the first half is highest 1st half percentage in Big 12 play this season. 40 first-half points also ties the most this season for Texas Tech. Also scored 40 against FAU on Dec. 21 in the first half.
Texas Tech played in its first overtime game since beating West Virginia in Morgantown, 77-73 on Jan. 22, 2013.
THREE IN DOUBLE FIGURES
Texas Tech had three players in double figures for the first time since Dec. 21 vs. Florida Atlantic.
CHARITY STRIPE SUCCESS
Texas Tech hit 12 of 13 free throws on Saturday vs. Iowa State (92.3 percent). That is Texas Tech’s highest free-throw percentage this season. Tech was 11 of 12 from the charity stripe on Nov. 30 vs. Rutgers (91.7 percent).
Official Gear of the