Texas Tech - TCU Postgame Notes
Jan. 27, 2013
TEXAS TECH - TCU POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (16-4, 6-2) 53
TCU (7-11, 0-7) 42
Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013
United Spirit Arena - Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight's attendance was 6,415.
- There were 3 lead changes during the game.
- There were 4 ties during the game.
- TCU's largest lead was 5 (25-20) at 3:52 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 12 (51-39) at 1:31 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech is now 16-4 on the season and 6-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 3-1 at home in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 38-1 all-time vs TCU.
- Kristy Curry is now 304-142 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 125-91 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-1 all-time against TCU.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Texas Tech is off to its best start in Big 12 Conference play in eight years. The Lady Raiders started the 2004-05 season 7-1 through eight conference games. Tech is also off to its best overall start at 16-4, matching the 2010-11 season.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 121st consecutive game on Saturday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 121 consecutive starts is the longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women's basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored 23 points in Sunday's win and had 12 rebounds for her first career double-double. Brown has scored in double figures in eight of the last nine games - three times scoring 20 or more - and is averaging 16.1 points per game in Big 12 Conference play (4th in Big 12). She also hit a career-high five, 3-pointers. She has 913 career points.
OFF THE GLASS
Texas Tech outrebounded TCU 50-40 – its highest rebound margin in Big 12 play this season. The Lady Raiders set a season-high with 20 offensive rebounds in Big 12 play. Chynna Brown and Christine Hyde each had double digit rebounds (12 and 10, respectively) to give Tech its first duo with double digit rebounders in the same game.
Texas Tech held TCU to just 42 points – the least amount of points scored against the Lady Raiders in Big 12 Conference play. Tech is allowing an average of only 53.3 points per game this season and just 58.6 in conference play. Tech has held 16 of 20 opponents to 59 points of less.
Texas Tech's 53-42 win on Sunday was the largest margin of victory (+11) in Big 12 Conference play this season. The Lady Raiders are averaging a +13.1 scoring margin overall through 20 games and +3.6 in Big 12 Conference games – third best among all Big 12 teams.