Texas Tech vs. Kansas Postgame Notes
Feb. 1, 2014
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS POSTGAME NOTES
KANSAS 70, TEXAS TECH 62 - FINAL
SATURDAY, FEB. 1, 2014
UNITED SPIRIT ARENA – LUBBOCK, TEXAS
- Today’s attendance was 3,833.
- There were 3 lead changes during the game.
- There was 1 tie during the game.
- Kansas’ largest lead was 20 (50-30) at 15:45 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 2 (2-0) at 19:20 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest run was 11-0 from 15:15 to 12:48 in the 2nd Half to make it 41-50.
- Kansas’ largest run was 11-1 from 8:34 to 4:46 in the 1st Half to make it 32-23.
- Texas Tech is 6-15 overall and 0-10 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Kansas is 11-11 overall and 4-6 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 6-8 overall and 0-6 in Big 12 Conference play at home this season.
- Texas Tech leads the all-time series 16-7.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-15 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle scored 19 points and 10 rebounds for her fifth double-double this season. She scored in double digits for the 20th time this season.
SPEARS FROM DOWNTOWN …
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Minta Spears was 3 of 6 from behind the arc for her 10th game with multiple 3-pointers made. She has made a 3-point field goal in four consecutive games.
Texas Tech freshman Marina Lizarazu scored 11 points off the bench on Saturday vs. Kansas – the most in Big 12 Conference play for her.
SCHNEIDER BLOCK PARTY
Texas Tech had at least three players in double digits for the second time in Big 12 Conference play.
OFF THE BENCH
Texas Tech’s bench scores 20 points or more for the third consecutive game with 20 on Saturday vs. Kansas. Marina Lizarazu had the most off the bench with 11.
Official Gear of the