Texas Tech - West Virginia Postgame Notes|
Feb. 6, 2013
TEXAS TECH – WEST VIRGINIA POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (17-6, 7-4) 76
WEST VIRGINIA (13-9, 5-6) 63
Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
United Spirit Arena – Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 6,649.
- There were 2 lead changes during the game.
- There were 4 ties during the game.
- West Virginia’s largest lead was 2 (5-3) at 18:54 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 15 (29-14) at 0:55 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 17-6 on the season and 7-4 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 4-2 at home in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 2-0 all-time vs West Virginia.
- Kristy Curry is now 305-144 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 126-93 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 2-0 all-time vs West Virginia.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
PINK FOR GOOD LUCK
Texas Tech wore its special edition Under Armour uniforms in support of the Play4Kay annual pink game on Wednesday night against West Virginia. The movement helps spread awareness for breast cancer and give support to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Tech is 3-0 in the special pink uniforms.
Texas Tech won its seventh Big 12 Conference game of the season on Wednesday and is off to its best start in Big 12 Conference play in eight years. The Lady Raiders started the 2004-05 season 8-3 through 11 conference games.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 124th consecutive game on Wednesday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 124 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored 18 points in Wednesday’s win for her 15th overall game in double digits this season. Brown has scored in double figures 11 times in the last 12 games and is averaging 15.7 points in Big 12 play (No. 4 in Big 12). Brown now has 958 career points and is looking to become the second 1,000-point scorer this season for Tech. Senior Casey Morris passed the mark on Jan. 5 and now has 1,103 career points.
FROM THE LINE
Texas Tech hit 36 of 42 free throws (85.7 percent) – its largest single-game total from the charity stripe this season. The Lady Raiders hit 30 of 43 vs Southern Utah earlier this season.