Texas Tech at TCU Postgame Notes|
Feb. 8, 2014
TEXAS TECH – TCU POSTGAME NOTES
TCU 72, TEXAS TECH 57 - FINAL
SATURDAY, FEB. 8, 2014
DANIEL-MEYER COLISEUM – FORT WORTH, TEXAS
- Today’s attendance was 2,511.
- There was 1 lead changes during the game.
- There was 1 tie during the game.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 2 (2-0) at 18:28 in the 1st Half.
- TCU’s largest lead was 26 (54-28) at 13:39 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest run was 7-2 from 10:12 to 8:45 in the 1st Half to make it 18-24.
- TCU’s largest run was 15-4 to start the 2nd Half to make it 51-26.
- Texas Tech is 6-17 overall and 0-12 in Big 12 Conference play.
- TCU is 14-9 overall and 5-6 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 0-7 overall and 0-6 in Big 12 Conference play on the road this season.
- Texas Tech leads the all-time series 39-3.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-16 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle scored 10 points and eight rebounds on Saturday vs. TCU. It was her 21st game in double figures and ninth in a row. Battle leads the team with 411 points in 23 games, averaging 17.9 per game.
NOBLES CONFERENCE HIGH
Texas Tech senior center Shauntal Nobles scored 12 points along with six rebounds on Wednesday vs. TCU for her season high in Big 12 Conference play. It was her fourth game in double figures this season and first points since scoring eight vs. Iowa State on Jan. 25.
SCHNEIDER BLOCKING STREAK
Texas Tech senior center Haley Schneider finished with two blocks on Wednesday vs. TCU. She leads Tech with 40 on the season and has had a block in each of her last seven games, including a career-high six on Feb. 1 vs. Kansas.