Texas Tech at Baylor Postgame Notes
Feb. 12, 2013
TEXAS TECH – BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
1/1 BAYLOR (23-1, 13-0) 89
TEXAS TECH (18-7, 8-5) 47
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 8,538.
- There was one lead change during the game.
- There were no ties during the game.
- Baylor’s largest lead was 42 (87-45) at 2:02 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 4 (4-0) at 18:03 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 18-7 on the season and 8-5 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 4-3 on the road in Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 47-30 all-time vs Baylor, 20-13 in Waco.
- Kristy Curry is now 306-145 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 127-94 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-14 all-time vs Baylor.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 126th consecutive game on Tuesday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 126 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored 15 points in Tuesday’s win for her 17th overall game in double digits this season. Brown has scored in double figures 13 times in the last 14 games and is averaging 15.5 points in Big 12 play (No. 4 in Big 12). Brown now has 986 career points and is looking to become the second 1,000-point scorer this season for Tech. Senior Casey Morris passed the mark on Jan. 5 and now has 1,131 career points.