Texas Tech at Kansas State Postgame Notes|
Feb. 15, 2014
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS STATE POSTGAME NOTES
KANSAS STATE 60, TEXAS TECH 54 - FINAL
SATURDAY, FEB. 15, 2014
BRAMLAGE COLISEUM – MANHATTAN, KAN.
- Today’s attendance was 4,933.
- There were 14 lead changes during the game.
- There were 11 ties during the game.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 6 (54-48) at 4:11 in the 2nd Half.
- Kansas State’s largest lead was 6 (14-8) at 10:28 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest run was 8-0 from 6:49 to 4:41 in the 2nd Half to make it 54-48.
- Kansas State’s largest run was 12-0 from to 4:02 in the 2nd Half until the end of the game.
- Texas Tech is 6-19 overall and 0-14 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Kansas State is 10-14 overall and 4-9 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 0-8 overall and 0-7 in Big 12 Conference play on the road this season.
- Kansas State leads the all-time series 14-12.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-19 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Haley Schneider CAREER-HIGH IN POINTS
Texas Tech senior forward Haley Schneider scored a career-high eight points vs. K-State on Saturday. That beat her previous high of six points, which she had scored several times in her career.
SPEARS SCORING SPREE
Texas Tech redshirt freshman guard Minta Spears scored 14 points vs. K-State on Saturday. It was her second straight game with 14 points and 12th game in double figures this season. Spears also hit multiple 3-pointers (2 of 3) for the 14th time this season and has hit a trey in each of her last eight games.
LIZARAZU IN DOUBLE FIGURES
Texas Tech freshman Marina Lizarazu scored 13 points vs. Kansas State on Saturday. It was the fifth time she has scored in double digits this season and most points in Big 12 Conference play.