Texas Tech - Texas Postgame Notes
Feb. 17, 2013
TEXAS TECH – TEXAS POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (19-7, 9-5) 69
TEXAS (9-15, 2-11) 62
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013
United Spirit Arena – Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 8,971.
- There were five lead changes during the game.
- There was one tie during the game.
- Texas’ largest lead was 7 (9-2) at 16:02 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 14 (36-22) at 0:54 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 19-7 on the season and 9-5 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 5-2 at home during Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 29-61 vs Texas overall.
- Texas Tech is 17-19 vs Texas in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech has won four of the last five games against Texas dating back to last season.
- Kristy Curry is now 307-145 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 128-94 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is 6-9 vs Texas overall.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
PLAY IT AGAIN
Coaches and former student-athletes of the 1993 national championship team were honored at halftime during Sunday’s game. It marked the 20th anniversary of Texas Tech’s NCAA title. Tech also wore throwback jerseys that were exact replicas of the 1993 black jerseys worn during Tech’s run to the NCAA championship.
ON THIS DAY …
Feb. 17 marked the 20th anniversary of Texas Tech’s win over Texas in Austin – the first time the Lady Raiders beat the Longhorns in Austin. The win came in the midst of a 19-game winning streak that led Tech to the Final Four and its first and only NCAA Championship.
BROWN HITS 1,000
Texas Tech senior Chynna Brown scored 16 points in Sunday’s win for her 18th overall game in double digits this season and became the newest member of Texas Tech’s 1,000-point club. She joins teammate Casey Morris as the second Lady Raider to accomplish the feat this season. Brown has scored in double figures 14 times in the last 15 games and is averaging 15.6 points in Big 12 play (No. 4 in Big 12). Brown also has a career-high four steals in the win.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 127th consecutive game on Sunday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant did it from 2002-06 (128). Smalls' 127 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
Texas Tech’s win over Texas on Sunday completed a season sweep of the Longhorns for the first time since 2006. It is only the fifth time in school history that Tech completed a season sweep of the Longhorns (1995, 1998, 2000, 2006). Texas became the third team Tech has swept this season (West Virginia, TCU). It is the first time Tech has swept three teams in one season since 2004-05 (Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M).
HANDLING IT WELL
Texas Tech had a season-low, five turnovers against Texas on Sunday while forcing 24 turnovers that resulted in 26 points for the Lady Raiders. Texas has given up the ball 25 and 24 times in its two games against Tech this season – the most by a Big 12 opponent for Tech this season.
Official Gear of the