Texas Tech at Baylor Notes|
Feb. 19, 2012
TEXAS TECH - BAYLOR NOTES
No. 1 Baylor 56, Texas Tech 51 - FINAL
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012
Ferrell Center, Waco, Texas
- Today's attendance was 10,381.
- There were 6 lead changes during the game.
- There were 2 ties during the game.
- Baylor's largest lead was 9 at 16:47 in the first half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 9 at 3:54 in the first half.
- Texas Tech moves to 17-9 on the season, 5-9 in Big 12 play.
- Baylor moves to 24-0 on the season, 14-0 in Big 12 play.
- Texas Tech is now 19-12 all-time in Waco against Baylor.
- Kristy Curry is now 105-82 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 284-133 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 1-11 against Baylor.
- Texas Tech is 47-27 all-time against Baylor.
- Texas Tech is now 813-376 all-time.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Barncastle (7), F Shauntal Nobles (9).
HOLDING THE BEARS
Baylor was held to its lowest point total this season and a single-digit margin of victory for the third time this season - twice by Texas Tech. Baylor came into the game averaging a 31-point margin of victory at home in Big 12 play.
ON THE BOARDS
Baylor was outrebounded for only the second time this season. Tech outrebounded the Lady Bears 38-37 and had 30 defensive rebounds. Tennessee was the only other team to do it this season.
Texas Tech junior guard Monique Smalls broke out with 13 points on Saturday, scoring in double digits for just the seventh time this season. It's her highest output since scoring 15 at home against Texas on Jan. 28.
Texas Tech senior forward Jordan Barncastle was 2 of 3 from behind the 3-point line on Saturday to give her 44 total 3-pointers made on the season. That total matches her previous total from the last three years combined. Her 88 threes puts her just five behind Jordan Murphree for 10th all-time at Texas Tech in 3-point field goals made.