Texas Tech vs Kansas Notes|
Feb. 22, 2012
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS NOTES
Kansas 69, Texas Tech 64 - FINAL
Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Today’s attendance was 6,635.
- There were 10 lead changes during the game.
- There were 5 ties during the game.
- Kansas’ largest lead was 9 at 1:27 in the second half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 5 at 8:32 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 17-10 on the season, 5-10 in Big 12 play.
- Kansas moves to 18-9 on the season, 7-8 in Big 12 play.
- Texas Tech is now 7-2 in Lubbock against the Jayhawks.
- Kristy Curry is now 105-83 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 284-134 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 5-2 against Kansas.
- Texas Tech is 14-5 all-time against Kansas.
- Texas Tech is now 813-377 all-time.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech junior guard Chynna Brown became the first Lady Raider this season to post 20 points or more in a game twice. Brown had a career-high 10 field goals and matched her season-high with 21 points on Tuesday night. She also had 21 in Tech’s second game this season at Houston on Nov. 16.
FIRST TIME SINCE …
Kansas completed its first season sweep over Texas Tech on Tuesday night after winning 62-43 in Lawrence on Jan. 25. It was the first time Kansas had won in Lubbock since Dec. 2, 1978 – the first meeting between the two programs.
Texas Tech turned the ball over only 10 times – its third-lowest turnovers in a game this season. Tech had just seven turnovers against Iowa State on Feb. 12 and had only eight against Missouri (Feb. 5) and Baylor (Jan. 18).