Texas Tech - Kansas Postgame Notes|
Feb. 24, 2013
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (20-7, 10-5) 72
KANSAS (16-10, 7-8) 70
Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013
Allen Fieldhouse – Lawrence, Kansas
- Today’s attendance was 2,810.
- There were five lead changes during the game.
- There were four ties during the game.
- Kansas’ largest lead was 2 (2-0) at 19:30 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 16 (39-23) at 0:01 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 20-7 on the season and 10-5 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 5-3 on the road during Big 12 Conference play this season.
- Texas Tech is 16-5 vs Kansas overall.
- Texas Tech is 6-3 vs Kansas in Lawrence.
- Kristy Curry is now 308-145 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 129-94 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is 7-2 vs Kansas overall.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 128th consecutive game on Sunday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls becomes only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant started 128 games from 2002-06. Smalls' 128 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior guard Chynna Brown scored 20 points to lead Texas Tech on Sunday at Kansas. Brown has scored 20 or more points five times this season and scored in double figures 15 times in the last 16 games, 19 overall this season. She is averaging 15.9 points per game in Big 12 play this season (15 games, 238 points).
Texas Tech completed its fourth season sweep on Sunday with a 72-70 win over Kansas. The Lady Raiders have swept Kansas, Texas, TCU and West Virginia this season – their most since 1999-2000 (swept Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor & Oklahoma State).
BIG 12 SUCCESS
Texas Tech’s win over Kansas on Sunday was its 10th Big 12 Conference win, the most for Tech under head coach Kristy Curry and the most since 2004-05 when Tech finished the season with a 12-4 record in Big 12 play.
Texas Tech won its sixth road game overall and fifth Big 12 Conference road game with its 72-70 win on Sunday at Kansas – the most by a Tech team under head coach Kristy Curry.
MAGIC OF ’93
Texas Tech wore its throwback 1993 black jerseys and shorts for the second consecutive game and are now 2-0 in them. The uniforms, designed by Under Armour, are a replica of the uniforms worn by the 1993 team that wore them throughout the postseason en route to the 1993 national championship.
HANDLING IT WELL
Texas Tech finished with only nine turnovers in its 72-70 win on Sunday at Kansas – its second consecutive game with less than 10 turnovers. The Lady Raiders had only five turnovers on Feb. 17 in their 69-62 win vs Texas – their lowest in Big 12 Conference play this season.