Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State Postgame Notes
Feb. 24, 2014
TEXAS TECH – OKLAHOMA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
12/12 OKLAHOMA STATE 63, TEXAS TECH 62 - FINAL
SUNDAY, FEB. 23, 2014
UNITED SPIRIT ARENA – LUBBOCK, TEXAS
- Today’s attendance was 4,726.
- There were 12 lead changes during the game.
- There were 9 ties during the game.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 7 (26-19) at 2:24 in the 1st Half.
- Oklahoma State’s largest lead was 10 (19-9) at 10:23 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest run was 17-0 from 9:16 to 2:24 in the 1st Half to make it 26-19.
- Oklahoma State’s largest run was 13-5 to start the game.
- Texas Tech is 6-20 overall and 0-15 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Oklahoma State is 21-5 overall and 10-5 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 6-10 overall and 0-8 in conference play at home this season.
- Kansas State leads the all-time series 14-12.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-20 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle scored 19 points and 10 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the season. That’s the most double-doubles by a Lady Raider since Kierra Mallard had seven in 2012.
COOKTAYLOR IN DOUBLE DIGITS
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Ivonne CookTaylor scored 14 points for her third game in double figures this season.
ON THE BOARDS
Texas Tech tied its conference season-high in rebounds with 37 on Sunday. Tech also had 37 rebounds at Oklahoma State (Jan. 18) and vs. Baylor (Feb. 12). Three different players – Amber Battle (10), Shauntal Nobles (9) and Minta Spears (5) – had five rebounds or more.
Official Gear of the