Texas Tech at West Virginia Postgame Notes|
Feb. 27, 2014
TEXAS TECH – WEST VIRGINIA POSTGAME NOTES
NO. 11/10 WEST VIRGINIA 69, TEXAS TECH 37 – FINAL
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 26, 2014
WVU COLISEUM – MORGANTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA
- Today’s attendance was 1,820.
- There were 2 lead changes during the game.
- There were 1 ties during the game.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 1 (4-3) at 16:16 in the 1st Half.
- West Virginia’s largest lead was 32 (69-37) at 0:24 in the 2nd Half.
- West Virginia’s largest run was 13-0 from 15:47 to 8:54 in the 1st Half to make it 14-4.
- Texas Tech is 6-21 overall and 0-16 in Big 12 Conference play.
- West Virginia is 25-3 overall and 14-2 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 0-11 overall and 0-8 in conference play on the road this season.
- The all-time series between Texas Tech and West Virginia is tied at 2-2.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-21 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
COOKTAYLOR IN DOUBLE DIGITS
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Ivonne CookTaylor scored 12 points to go with five rebounds on Wednesday vs. West Virginia. CookTaylor scored in double figures for the second consecutive game and third overall this season. She is averaging 13 points and is 10 of 22 from the field (45.5 percent) in her last two contests.
SEASON LOW FOR POINTS IN A HALF
Texas Tech scored just 14 points in the first half of its game on Wednesday at West Virginia. That’s the lowest total in a half this season for Texas Tech. The Lady Raiders scored 15 in the first half vs. TCU on Jan. 4 and 15 in the second half vs. Oklahoma on Jan. 2.