Feb. 28, 2013
Final Stats |
TEXAS TECH - OKLAHOMA STATE POSTGAME NOTES
TEXAS TECH (21-7, 11-5) 61
OKLAHOMA STATE (19-8, 8-8) 53
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013
United Spirit Arena - Lubbock, Texas
- Today's attendance was 6,476.
- There were three lead changes during the game.
- There was one tie during the game.
- Oklahoma State's largest lead was 10 (16-6) at 13:12 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 13 (35-22) at 2:37 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 21-7 on the season and 11-5 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 14-2 at home overall and 6-2 in Big 12 play at home.
- Texas Tech is 32-19 vs Oklahoma State overall.
- Texas Tech is 15-7 vs Oklahoma State in Lubbock.
- Kristy Curry is now 309-145 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 130-94 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is 9-7 vs Oklahoma State.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
G Monique Smalls (28), G Chynna Brown (27), G Casey Morris (27), F Christine Hyde (25), F Kelsi Baker (28)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 129th consecutive game on Sunday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls becomes only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years and passes Erin Grant, who started 128 games from 2002-06. Smalls' 129 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women's basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior guard Chynna Brown scored 22 points to lead Texas Tech on Wednesday vs Oklahoma State. Brown has scored 20 or more points six times this season - including her last two games - and scored in double figures 16 times in the last 17 games, 20 games overall this season. She is averaging 16.3 points per game in Big 12 play this season (16 games, 260 points).
Texas Tech completed its fifth season sweep on Wednesday with a 61-53 win over Oklahoma State. The Lady Raiders have swept OSU, Kansas, Texas, TCU and West Virginia this season - their most since 1997-98 season (swept Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State).
Texas Tech won its 21st game of the season on Wednesday - the most under head coach Kristy Curry, tying its regular season win total from 2010-11.
BIG 12 SUCCESS
Texas Tech's win over Oklahoma State on Wednesday was its 11th Big 12 Conference win, the most for Tech under head coach Kristy Curry and the most since 2004-05 when Tech finished the season with a 12-4 record in Big 12 play.
HOME SWEET HOME
Texas Tech won its sixth Big 12 home game this season, tying the most under head coach Kristy Curry since winning six at home during the 2010-11 season.
HANDLING IT WELL
Texas Tech finished with only 11 turnovers in its 61-53 win on Wednesday vs Oklahoma State - its third consecutive game with 11 turnovers or less. Tech is giving up the ball an average of only 8.3 times in its last three games. The Lady Raiders had only five turnovers on Feb. 17 in their 69-62 win vs Texas - their lowest in Big 12 Conference play this season.