Texas Tech at Kansas State Postgame Notes
March 3, 2012
TEXAS TECH – KANSAS STATE NOTES
TEXAS TECH 64, KANSAS STATE 63 - FINAL
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Bramlage Coliseum, Manhattan, Kansas
- Today’s attendance was 3,617.
- There were 5 lead changes during the game.
- There were 2 ties during the game.
- Kansas State’s largest lead was 17 at 6:53 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 12 at 8:38 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 18-12 on the season, 6-12 in Big 12 play.
- Kansas State moves to 18-12 on the season, 9-9 in Big 12 play.
- Texas Tech is now 4-4 in Manhattan against Kansas State.
- Texas Tech is 11-11 all-time against Kansas State.
- Texas Tech is now 814-379 all-time.
- Kristy Curry is now 106-85 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 285-136 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 4-5 against Kansas State.
- Kristy Curry is 2-1 against Kansas State in Manhattan.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Both wins by each team this season has been decided by just one point. Kansas State beat Texas Tech, 62-61, on Jan. 14 in Lubbock. Five of the last nine meetings between Tech and K-State have been decided by two points or less each time.
Texas Tech – Kansas State Games
Date Result Winner
3/3/12 64-63 Texas Tech
1/14/12 62-61 Kansas State
1/15/11 68-66 (2OT) Texas Tech
2/24/10 75-67 (OT) Texas Tech
1/4/06 53-51 Kansas State
1/22/05 55-53 Kansas State
Junior guard Monique Smalls tied a career-high with 15 points in the win over Kansas State on Saturday. That’s the third time this season and fifth time in her career that she’s scored 15 points. Texas Tech is 4-1 when Smalls scores 15 points.
Smalls 15-point Games
Date Opponent Result
3/8/11 Oklahoma State W, 57-48
3/9/11 Oklahoma L, 69-71
12/3/11 Penn State W, 70-66
1/28/12 Texas W, 75-71
3/3/12 Kansas State W, 64-63
Sophomore forward Shauntal Nobles scored a career-high 16 points in the win over Kansas State on Saturday. That’s the ninth time Nobles has scored in double figures this season. She beat her previous high or 14 points scored in the win over San Diego on Dec. 30, 2011.
Texas Tech trailed Kansas State 33-16 with 6:53 remaining in the first half before going on a run that shifted the game for good. The Lady Raiders went on a 40-11 run over the next 18 minutes into the second half to take 56-44 lead – Tech’s largest of the game.
Texas Tech will be the No. 9 seed when it heads to the Big 12 Tournament on Wednesday, March 7 to play its first round game at 5:30 p.m. against either Texas or Kansas. The Lady Raiders finished 1-1 against Texas and 0-2 against Kansas this season.