Texas Tech - Oklahoma Postgame Notes|
March 5, 2013
TEXAS TECH – OKLAHOMA POSTGAME NOTES
OKLAHOMA (21-9, 11-7) 77
TEXAS TECH (21-9, 11-7) 73
Monday, March 4, 2013
United Spirit Arena – Lubbock, Texas
- Today’s attendance was 6,547.
- There were 17 lead changes during the game.
- There were six ties during the game.
- Oklahoma’s largest lead was 7 (58-51) at 7:32 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 6 (10-4) at 14:43 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech is now 21-9 overall and 11-7 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Texas Tech is 14-3 at home overall and 6-3 at home in Big 12 play.
- Texas Tech is 22-26 vs Oklahoma overall.
- Kristy Curry is now 309-147 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 130-95 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is 1-16 vs Oklahoma overall.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
All five seniors started a game together for the first time in their four years here at Texas Tech. The group played their final regular season home game on Monday night and were honored after the game. The four seniors of Mary Bokenkamp, Chynna Brown, Christine Hyde, Casey Morris and Monique Smalls combined for 63 points, 19 rebounds, 14 assists and five steals.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 131st consecutive game on Monday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls becomes only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant started 128 games from 2002-06. Smalls' 131 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?
Texas Tech senior guard Chynna Brown scored 21 points forTexas Tech on Monday vs Oklahoma. Brown has scored 20 or more points in the last four games and eight times this season. She’s scored in double figures 18 times in the last 19 games, 22 overall this season. Brown is averaging 16.8 points per game in Big 12 play this season (18 games, 303 points).
Texas Tech senior guard Monique Smalls tallied a season-high 10 assists on Monday against Oklahoma and had only two turnovers – a 5 to 1 ratio. That’s the most assists in a game for Smalls since her career-high of 11 against UT-Arlington on Dec. 7, 2011. Smalls is second in the Big 12 with a 2.7 assist-to-turnover ratio in Big 12 play (73 assists, 27 turnovers).
Texas Tech senior forward Christine Hyde scored 22 points on Monday against Oklahoma – her second-highest single-game total in her career and this season. Hyde scored a career-high 25 points in Texas Tech’s win over Lamar on Dec. 1. She has two games with 20 points and two double-doubles this season for the Lady Raiders.