Texas Tech - Texas Notes - Big 12|
March 8, 2012
TEXAS TECH – TEXAS NOTES
BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND ONE – GAME 1
TEXAS TECH 81, TEXAS 58 - FINAL
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Municipal Coliseum, Kansas City, Mo.
- Today’s attendance was 1,805.
- There was 1 lead changes during the game.
- There were 1 tie during the game.
- Texas’ largest lead was 6 at 18:15 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 25 at 1:48 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 19-12 on the season.
- Texas Tech wins first round game at Big 12 Championship for second straight year.
- Texas moves to 18-13.
- Texas Tech is now 15-13 at Big 12 Championship all-time.
- Texas Tech advances to the second round for the fourth time in Big 12 history.
- Texas Tech is 27-61 all-time against Texas.
- Texas Tech is now 815-379 all-time.
- Kristy Curry is now 107-85 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 286-136 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 5-10 against Texas.
- Kristy Curry is 2-5 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech’s 81-58 win on Wednesday night was the largest margin of victory against the Longhorns in the Big 12 Championship. It was only the second win over Texas in the tournament, winning 71-58 in 2001.
Texas Tech senior forward Kierra Mallard scored 11 points and had a game-best 15 rebounds to notch her sixth double-double of the season. It was her first since scoring 19 points and 11 rebounds against Oklahoma State on Jan. 4.
Texas Tech trailed Texas 9-4 early on before breaking open the game with a 41-14 run into the second half to take a 45-23 lead with 17:30 left. It was the second time in two games that the Lady Raiders had a run of 40+ points.
Texas Tech will play No. 1 Baylor (31-0) at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday in the Big 12 Championship Quarterfinals.