Texas Tech - Tulane Postgame Notes|
March 18, 2012
TEXAS TECH – TULANE NOTES
Texas Tech 69, Tulane 55 - FINAL
Sunday, March 18, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Today’s attendance was 1,548.
- There was 1 lead changes during the game.
- There were 3 ties during the game.
- Tulane’s largest lead was 3 at 18:35 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 14 at 0:26 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 21-13 on the season.
- Tulane moves to 23-11 on the season.
- Texas Tech is now 4-2 all-time in the WNIT.
- Texas Tech is 4-1 all-time against Tulane.
- Texas Tech is now 817-372 all-time.
- Texas Tech is 3-0 against Tulane in the postseason (2-0 NCAA, 1-0 WNIT)
- Kristy Curry is now 109-86 at Texas Tech (6 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 288-137 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 4-2 against Tulane.
- Kristy Curry is 1-0 against Tulane in Lubbock.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Junior guard Monique Smalls started her 100th game of her career on Sunday. She and junior guard Casey Morris are the only two players to start all 34 games this season. Smalls has started every game at Texas Tech since coming to Lubbock in 2009.
- Senior forward Jordan Barncastle scored a season-high 21 points to finish in double figures for the fifth time this season. She’s only third Lady Raider to score 20 points or more in a postseason WNIT game.
- Junior guard Casey Morris scored 12 points to be in double figures for the eighth time in 14 games and 17th time overall this season.
- Sophomore forward Kelsi Baker scored 10 points for her first game in double figures since scoring 12 against Baylor on Jan. 18. It was her sixth game overall in double figures this season.
CLIMBING THE RECORD BOOK
Senior forward Kierra Mallard had three rebounds on Sunday to pass Michi Atkins for third all-time at Texas Tech in rebounds with 932. She trails only Carolyn Thompson (1,247) and Alicia Thompson (953).
Texas Tech’s win on Sunday marks the first time the Lady Raiders have won two postseason games since 2004-05 when the Lady Raiders won two games in the NCAA Tournament. Tech advances to the Round of 16 in the WNIT for the second time in program history (2008).
Texas Tech will play the winner of San Diego and Pacific at 7 p.m., Thursday at United Spirit Arena. Texas Tech beat San Diego, 58-57, on Dec. 30 in the Surf 'N Slam Calssic.