Texas Tech - South Florida Postgame Notes|
March 23, 2013
TEXAS TECH – SOUTH FLORIDA POSTGAME NOTES
NCAA TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND
SOUTH FLORIDA (22-10) 71
TEXAS TECH (21-11) 70
Sunday, March 23, 2013
United Spirit Arena — Lubbock, Texas
- Today’s attendance was 6,062.
- There were nine lead changes during the game.
- There were eight ties during the game.
- South Florida’s largest lead was 7 at 7:57 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 8 at 15:11 in the 1st Half.
- Texas Tech finishes 21-11 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 30-19 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- Texas Tech is 19-2 in home games in the NCAA Tournament.
- Texas Tech is 12-5 in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Texas Tech is 14-4 at home this season.
- Texas Tech is 1-2 vs South Florida all-time.
- Kristy Curry is now 309-148 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 130-97 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is 0-2 vs South Florida overall.
- Kristy Curry is 15-9 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kristy Curry is 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament at Texas Tech.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 133rd consecutive game on Saturday, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls becomes only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years. Erin Grant started 128 games from 2002-06. Smalls' 132 consecutive starts is the fifth-longest streak of consecutive starts among all active players in Division I women’s basketball. She was the only player on the Texas Tech roster to finish the season starting all 32 games.
SMALLS IN RECORD BOOKS
Texas Tech senior guard Monique Smalls finishes her career fourth all-time at Texas Tech with 514 assists and tied for third all-time at Texas Tech with 303 steals.
MORRIS IN RECORD BOOKS
Texas Tech senior guard Casey Morris finishes her career sixth all-time at Texas Tech with 177 career 3-pointers made.
BROWN IN DOUBLE FIGURES
Texas Tech senior guard Chynna Brown scored 17 points to lead Texas Tech on Saturday vs South Florida. Brown has scored in double figures 19 times in the last 21 games.