Big 12 Championship Notes: Texas Tech vs. TCU|
March 7, 2014
TEXAS TECH - TCU POSTGAME NOTES
TCU 75, TEXAS TECH 59 - FINAL
FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
CHESAPEAKE ENERGY ARENA - OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA.
- Today's attendance was 4,579.
- There were 16 lead changes during the game.
- There were 11 ties during the game.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 2 (14-12) at 10:51 in the 1st Half.
- TCU's largest lead was 17 (67-50) at 4:39 in the 2nd Half.
- Texas Tech's largest run was 8-2 from 6:20 to 3:19 in the 1st Half to make it 28-26 Tech.
- TCU's largest run was 14-0 from 11:36 to 7:20 in the 2nd Half to make it 63-49 TCU.
- Texas Tech is 6-24 overall.
- TCU is 18-13 overall.
- Texas Tech is 15-16 all-time at the Big 12 Conference Championship.
- Texas Tech is 4-5 in the first round all-time in the Big 12 Conference Championship.
- Texas Tech leads the all-time series vs. TCU 39-4.
- Candi Whitaker is 6-24 in her first season as Tech's head coach.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
COOKTAYLOR STREAK CONTINUES
Texas Tech redshirt freshman guard Ivonne CookTaylor scored a career-high 18 points on Friday night vs. TCU. It was the fifth consecutive game she has scored in double figures and seventh overall this season. CookTaylor is averaged 14 points per game in her last five contests.
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle scored 23 points on Friday night vs. TCU. Battle, who was named to the All-Big 12 Second Team, scored in double figures 25 times in 30 games this season including nine games with 20 points or more. Her 16.4 points per game average (493 points total) is the most by a Lady Raider in the last eight years.
HIGHEST FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE
Texas Tech's 49-percent field goal percentage on Friday night (24 of 49) was its highest field goal percentage in Big 12 Conference play this season and most sine hitting 51.5 percent vs. Grambling on Nov. 23.