Texas Tech - Arizona State Postgame Notes
Nov. 11, 2012
TEXAS TECH - ARIZONA STATE NOTES
Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
Wells Fargo Arena, Tempe, Arizona
- Tonight's attendance was 3,237.
- There was one lead change during the game.
- There were four ties during the game.
- Arizona State's largest lead was four (9-5) at 16:42 in the first half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 16 (57-41) at 3:45 in the second half.
- Texas Tech improves 1-0 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 9-8 in season openers on the road, 4-0 under head coach Kristy Curry.
- Sunday's win marks the first time Texas Tech has ever won at Arizona State.
- Kristy Curry is now 110-87 at Texas Tech (7 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 289-138 overall (13 seasons).
- Kristy Curry is 2-1 against Arizona State.
- Texas Tech is 3-3 all-time vs Arizona State
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
PATTERSON GETS A QUICK START
Texas Tech junior transfer forward and Big 12 Preseason Newcomer of the Year Jackie Patterson scored 12 points in her first regular season game as a Lady Raider on Sunday. Patterson started at forward (4) and played 27 minutes, hitting 5 of 10 from the field (50 percent) while grabbing three rebounds.
PLENTY OF D
Arizona State gave up 22 turnovers during Texas Tech's win on Sunday, including 16 steals by the Lady Raiders. Senior guards Monique Smalls and Casey Morris each led Tech with four steals followed by Chynna Brown (3) and Christine Hyde (2). Kelsi Baker, Minta Spears and Mary Bokenkamp each had one.
Official Gear of the