Nov. 12, 2011
TEXAS TECH POSTGAME NOTES
November 11, 2011 United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
Texas Tech 69, New Mexico 43
- New Mexico Starters: G Nikki Nelson, G Jourdan Erskine, G Porche Torrance, G Caroline Durbin, G Chinyere Nnaji.
- The Lady Raiders lifted their 2011 NCAA Tournament Banner before the game. Texas Tech has been to the tournament 19 times, second only to Texas in the Big 12 Conference.
- Shauntal Nobles started her first regular season game since playing against Texas A&M on Feb. 22.
- Texas Tech won its sixth consecutive home game – all under current head coach Kristy Curry.
- Total Attendance for tonight’s game was 7,551.
Texas Tech senior forward Kelsi Baker tied a career-high with 12 points tonight in the win over New Mexico. Baker also scored 12 against Sam Houston State on Nov. 28, 2010.
Texas Tech defeated New Mexico for the second consecutive season and sixth consecutive time at home. The Lady Raiders’ 26-point margin of victory is their third-highest margin of victory over the Lobos at home. Tech’s average margin of victory at home against the Lobos is 28.5 (79-50.5).
HOME SWEET HOME
The Lady Raiders are now 34-3 in home openers all-time and 6-0 under head coach Kristy Curry. Tech’s last home-opening loss was to LSU, 76-68, on Nov. 13, 2005. Tech is 12-1 in home openers at United Spirit Arena.
Texas Tech now has 797 wins in program history, looking to become only the 14th women’s basketball program with at least 800 wins. Only Texas (867) has more wins out of all Big 12 Conference schools.
Texas Tech junior guard Casey Morris scored 10 points in the Lady Raiders’ win tonight, giving her double-digit points for the 21st time in 34 games.