Texas Tech - New Mexico Notes
Nov. 14, 2013
TEXAS TECH - NEW MEXICO NOTES
Texas Tech 64, New Mexico 56 - FINAL
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013
United Spirit Arena - Lubbock, Texas
- Today's attendance was 3,345.
- There were 3 lead changes during the game.
- There were 0 ties during the game.
- New Mexico's largest lead was 1 (1-0) at 19:17 in the first half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 15 (25-10) at 4:25 in the first half.
- Texas Tech moves to 2-0 on the season.
- New Mexico moves to 1-1 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 14-3 all-time against New Mexico.
- Texas Tech is 8-0 against New Mexico in Lubbock.
- Candi Whitaker is 2-0 in her first season as Tech's head coach.
- Candi Whitaker is 1-0 vs. New Mexico.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
CAREER NIGHT FOR SPEARS
Texas Tech redshirt-freshman Minta Spears scored a career-high 16 points in tonight's game. She hit the first 3-pointer for Texas Tech this season and first of her career at the 16:53 mark of the first half to give Tech a 9-1 lead. She made two total 3-pointers in the game - also a career high.
Texas Tech's win brings its winning streak in home, non-conference games to 50. Tech's last non-conference loss at home was 66-63 to Houston on Dec. 4, 2007.
Texas Tech junior Amber Battle scored 17 points and had a career-high 14 rebounds for her second career double-double and second of season. She topped her career-high performance from Sunday when she had 11 rebounds. She now has 38 points and 25 rebounds in her first two games this season.
SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND
Texas Tech freshman Diamond Lockhart scored a career-high 13 points in Wednesday night's game. It's the first time for her to score in double-digits after scoring 4 points in her first game on Sunday.
Official Gear of the