Texas Tech - New Mexico Postgame Notes
Nov. 16, 2012
TEXAS TECH – NEW MEXICO POSTGAME NOTES
Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012
The Pit, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Tonight’s attendance was 5,938.
- There were 7 lead changes during the game.
- New Mexico’s largest lead was 9 (55-46) at 7:56 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 3 (27-24) at 2:37 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech moves to 1-1 on the season and 1-1 on the road.
- Texas Tech is 13-3 all-time against New Mexico.
- Texas Tech is now 4-3 at The Pit vs New Mexico.
- Kristy Curry is now 289-139 overall in 13 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 110-88 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 3-2 against New Mexico.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
CAREER DAY FOR SMALLS, BATTLE
Texas Tech senior guard Monique Smalls scored a career-high 22 points and made a career-high eight field goals on Thursday against New Mexico. Smalls tied her former career-high of 15 points in the first half.
Amber Battle scored 12 points to beat her previous career-high of 4 points and got to do it in front of a hometown crowd for the first time. Battle was a star player at nearby Albuquerque Cibola High School.
STAYING IN THE LINEUP
Thursday night’s game marked the 103rd consecutive start for senior guard Monique Smalls and 70th consecutive start for senior guard Casey Morris. Morris has started every game since transferring from Cal and playing her first season with Tech in 2010-11 while Smalls has started every game since her freshman season in 2009-10.
Official Gear of the