Texas Tech - Arizona State Postgame Notes|
Nov. 17, 2013
TEXAS TECH - ARIZONA STATE NOTES
Arizona State 85, Texas Tech 77 - FINAL
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013
United Spirit Arena - Lubbock, Texas
- Today's attendance was 3,413.
- There were 18 lead changes during the game.
- There were 18 ties during the game.
- Arizona State's largest lead was 8 (85-77) at 0:45 in the second half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 4 (69-65) at 15:58 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 2-1 on the season.
- Arizona State moves to 2-1 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 4-4 all-time against Arizona State.
- Texas Tech is 2-1 against Arizona State in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech is 2-3 all-time when playing on Nov. 17.
- Candi Whitaker is 2-1 in her first season as Tech's head coach.
- Candi Whitaker is 0-1 vs. Arizona State.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech's loss brings an end to a 50-game winning streak in home, non-conference games. Tech's last non-conference loss at home was 66-63 to Houston on Dec. 4, 2007.
CAREER NIGHT FOR SPEARS
Texas Tech redshirt-freshman Minta Spears finished with a career-high 25 points in today's game. She beat her previous high of 16 points scored against New Mexico on Wednesday.
SPEARS STREAK ENDS
Minta Spears' streak of consecutive free throws made ended at 18 in the first half of today's game. The streak went all the way back to the first half of Texas Tech's opening game against Texas Pan-American on Nov. 10. Spears ended the game 9 of 10 from the line and is 24 of 26 on the season (92.3 percent).
LIZARAZU CAREER NIGHT
Marina Lizarazu finished with a career-high 18 points in today's game. She beat her previous high of 6 points scored against New Mexico on Wednesday. Lizarazu was 7 of 8 from the field and 3 of 4 from the free-throw line.