Texas Tech - Grambling Notes|
Nov. 23, 2013
TEXAS TECH – GRAMBLING STATE NOTES
TEXAS TECH 86, GRAMBLING STATE 68 - FINAL
SATURDAY, NOV. 23, 2013
UNITED SPIRIT ARENA – LUBBOCK, TEXAS
- Today’s attendance was 3,369.
- There was 1 lead changes during the game.
- There were 0 ties during the game.
- Grambling State’s largest lead was 2 (2-0) at 19:44 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 19 (76-58) at 4:09 in the second half.
- Texas Tech moves to 3-1 on the season.
- Grambling State moves to 2-4 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 3-1 all-time against Grambling State.
- Texas Tech is 3-1 against Grambling State in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech is 13-3 all-time when playing on Nov. 17.
- Candi Whitaker is 3-1 in her first season as Tech’s head coach.
- Candi Whitaker is 1-0 vs. Grambling State.
- Texas Tech scored its most points in a game this season with 86.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
FRESHMAN FAB FIVE
Texas Tech’s four freshmen – Minta Spears, Diamond Lockhart, Ivonne CookTaylor, Marina Lizarazu and Jasmine Caston – have accounted for 51.9 percent of Tech’s points this season. The five have combined for 154 of 297 points in all four games.
LIZARAZU GETS FIRST CAREER START
Texas Tech freshman Marina Lizarazu started her first game of her career on Saturday. Lizarazu finished with 14 points on 5 of 6 shooting – including 2 of 2 from behind the arc. She also had four rebounds and five assists.
FOUR IN DOUBLE FIGURES
Texas Tech had all 10 players score in a game for the second time this season. Tech also had all 10 score in the opening game against Texas-Pan Am on Nov. 10.
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle finished with 19 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. She has finished with points in double figures in all four games this season and leads Tech with 18 points per game.
IVONNE ON THE BOARDS
Texas Tech redshirt freshman Ivonne CookTaylor finished with a career-high 11 rebounds in Saturday’s game. Her previous best high was 4 against Texas Pan-American on Nov. 10. She also finished with 4 points.