Texas Tech - Southern Utah Postgame Notes
Nov. 24, 2012
TEXAS TECH - SOUTHERN UTAH POSTGAME NOTES
Friday, Nov. 23, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight's attendance was 6,295.
- There were no lead changes during the game.
- Southern Utah never led.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 25 (65-40) at 13:28 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech is now 3-1 on the season and 2-0 at home.
- Texas Tech is 1-0 all-time against Southern Utah.
- Kristy Curry is now 291-139 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 112-88 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-0 all-time against Southern Utah.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Senior guard Casey Morris led all scorers on Friday night with 18 points - a season high - giving her 900 career points, the most among active Texas Tech players. Monique Smalls currently has 751 points and Chynna Brown has 701.
CAREER DAY FOR BATTLE
Sophomore guard Amber Battle had a career-high 10 rebounds on Friday night to lead Texas Tech on the boards. Battle also had a career-high seven offensive boards in just 19 minutes while picking up a career-high two assists.
Sunday's game marked the 105th consecutive start for senior guard Monique Smalls and third different starting lineup this season with senior forward Christine Hyde staying in and seniors Casey Morris and Chynna Brown re-entering the first five. Only Smalls and junior forward Kelsi Baker have started all four games this season.
Casey Morris (18), Kelsi Baker (13) and Christine Hyde (16) all had season-highs in points on Friday night. Morris led all scorers with 18 points - the second time this season she has led Tech in points.
ON THE BOARDS
Texas Tech finished Friday night with 49 rebounds including 28 offensive boards - just two shy of the school record set on Dec. 3, 1991 against New Mexico. It was the first time Tech led in rebounding this season, outrebounding Southern Utah 49-37.
Texas Tech scored more than 61 points for the first time this season with its 73-54 win on Friday night. Tech scored 61 in each of its first three games this season.
Official Gear of the