Texas Tech - Nicholls Postgame Notes
Nov. 24, 2012
TEXAS TECH - NICHOLLS POSTGAME NOTES
Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight's attendance was 5,935.
- There were 4 lead changes during the game.
- There were no ties during the game.
- Nicholls' largest lead was 3 (5-2) at 18:17 in the first half.
- Texas Tech's largest lead was 34 (74-40) at 4:35 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech is now 4-1 on the season and 3-0 at home.
- Texas Tech is 1-0 all-time against Nicholls.
- Kristy Curry is now 292-139 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 113-88 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-0 all-time against Nicholls.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
STEALING THE SHOW
Senior guard Casey Morris led Texas Tech in three categories on Saturday, including a career-high seven steals to go with 19 points and five assists - both season highs.
Casey Morris (19), Kelsi Baker (12), Christine Hyde (10), Jackie Patterson (10) and Amber Battle (10) all scored in double figures Saturday. It was the second-consecutive double-digit performance for Morris, Baker and Hyde.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 105th consecutive game, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years since Erin Grant did it from 2002-06.
Texas Tech scored a season high in points on Saturday with 78 and also had its largest margin of victory (+30) this season. It was the largest margin of victory since beating Western Kentucky 75-38 (+37) on Dec. 21, 2011.
HITTING THEIR MARK
Texas Tech finished with a season-high 56.4 percent from the field (31 of 55) in Saturday's win. It was their highest field-goal percentage in more than a year. Tech shot 53.3 percent in the win over Western Kentucky last season (Dec. 21, 2011).
Official Gear of the