Texas Tech - New Orleans Notes
Nov. 25, 2012
TEXAS TECH – NEW ORLEANS POSTGAME NOTES
Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012
United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- Tonight’s attendance was 5,825.
- There were no lead changes during the game.
- There were no ties during the game.
- New Orleans never led.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 46 (77-31) at 4:59 in the 2nd half.
- Texas Tech is now 5-1 on the season and 4-0 at home.
- Texas Tech is 1-2 all-time against New Orleans.
- Kristy Curry is now 293-139 overall in 14 seasons as a head coach.
- Kristy Curry is now 114-88 in 7 seasons as the head coach at Texas Tech.
- Kristy Curry is now 1-0 all-time against New Orleans.
TEXAS TECH STARTING LINEUP (GAMES STARTED THIS SEASON)
Junior transfer Jackie Patterson scored her first double-double at Texas Tech on Sunday with 16 points and 10 rebounds in the win over New Orleans. Patterson came off the bench for 23 minutes and was 7 of 9 from the field with an assist and a steal.
Casey Morris won MVP honors and joined Christine Hyde and Kelsi Baker on the Basketball Travelers Invitational All-Tournament Team on Sunday after Texas Tech defended its title for the third-consecutive season. Morris finished with 53 pts on the weekend (17.6 ppg) and hit 11 of 23 from 3-point range (47.8%).
ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM (AVERAGES OVER 3 GAMES)
Texas Tech’s 43-point win on Sunday was the team’s largest margin of victory since beating Texas State 85-40 on Nov. 30, 2011.
Senior guard Monique Smalls started her 106th consecutive game, which dates back to the first game of her freshman season. Smalls is attempting to be the only the second Texas Tech player to start every game all four years since Erin Grant did it from 2002-06.
Official Gear of the