Texas Tech - Rutgers Postgame Notes|
Nov. 30, 2013
TEXAS TECH – RUTGERS NOTES
RUTGERS 61, TEXAS TECH 52 - FINAL
SATURDAY, NOV. 30, 2013
BARCLAYS CENTER – BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
- Today’s attendance was 587.
- There was 1 lead change during the game.
- There were 2 ties during the game.
- Rutgers’ largest lead was 14 (34-20) at 1:51 in the first half.
- Texas Tech’s largest lead was 3 (3-0) at 19:18 in the first half.
- Texas Tech moves to 3-3 on the season.
- Rutgers moves to 5-2 on the season.
- Texas Tech is 3-2 all-time against Rutgers.
- Texas Tech is 0-1 on the road this season.
- Candi Whitaker is 3-3 in her first season as Texas Tech’s head coach.
- Candi Whitaker is 0-1 vs. Rutgers.
TEXAS TECH STARTERS (GAMES STARTED THIS YEAR)
Texas Tech junior guard Amber Battle finished in the single digits in points for the first time this season with eight against Rutgers. Battle also finished with 11 rebounds – the third time this season the 5-foot-9 guard has finished with 10 rebounds or more.
HARRISON CAREER DAY
Junior guard Audrisa Harrison started her third game this season and finished with a career-high 11 points against Rutgers. He previous high was four points against Texas-Pan Am in the opener on Nov. 10.
BACK-TO-BACK BIG DAYS FOR CASTON
Texas Tech freshman Jasmine Caston finished with 11 points for her second straight game in double figures for Tech. Caston came into the Barclays Women’s Invitational averaging only 3.3 points per game but has scored 26 points in the last two contests.
Texas Tech finished with its lowest point total this season (52 points) and lowest field goal percentage at 28.8 percent (17 of 59).